Nobody with a diesel hardbody?

Dealing with all subsystems specific to the diesel powered Datsun-Nissan 720 pickup trucks.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

70cartruck

Nobody with a diesel hardbody?

Post by 70cartruck »

Sorry i noticed that nobody has a diesel hardbody, if im not mistaken cant one of the sd22's or sd25's be swapped into the hardbody. I have a 94 4cly. 5spd king cab that i am considering the swap and just wanted some input.

Thanks
94 hardbody kc 4x4
ka24e 5spd wants to be a diesel
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Member scott has a '93 D21 with an SD installed.
scott

Post by scott »

Hi 70cartruck,
Yes a Sd22 Can be installed into a D-21 hardbody truck, But it's not quite as easy as swapping a gas 720 to a Diesel.
I will upload some pictures of my truck for you to look at.
when I started this project I really thought that it would be a breeze but I soon realized that just about every thing had to change,
relocate the engine mounts on the frame, relocate cross-member, shorten drive-shaft , move shifter boot in cab, use radiator from 720 (bottom pipe on wrong side of d-21 radiator) now to make a/c lines work out right they had to come off a 1999 pathfinder, plus a few more things had to change but I really like the way it turned out.
With the step-up I have It's get on the average of about 30-33 mpg.
1993 Nissan D-21 truck gas converted to SD22 diesel
scott

Post by scott »

1993 Nissan D-21 truck gas converted to SD22 diesel
fnnissan

Post by fnnissan »

so you cant leave the tranny mounted in the same spot and just move the motor mounts to where ever it sitts when bolted to the tranny?
87 nissan HB, z24i, d44 SAS, d44 rear, 5.38s, posi rear, front about to be locked...