Round Gauges

Dealing with all subsystems specific to the diesel powered Datsun-Nissan 720 pickup trucks.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

Zeyemurgy

Round Gauges

Post by Zeyemurgy »

Hi All,
I've got an '82 with the square gauges and would like to swap out the entire instrument cluster for one with the round gauges.
When did Nissan switch to the round gauges?
What I really need to know is which years will physically fit/swap into my '82? I'm not so concerned with the wiring as I am going to fab-in an AutoMeter 1412 quad gauge and 2888 diesel tach, so I'll be doing extensive electrical modifying anyway.
Just need to know what will fit in the same dash hole.
Also, if someone has a good, clear pic of the whole instrument cluster I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Clark
Zeyemurgy@comcast.net
'82 720 KC w/SD22
Salem, OR
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

AFAIK, the cluster changed in 1983.

From my 1986:

It should physically bolt in to the earlier dash, but of course the wiring will require much modification, even if you had a cluster from a late diesel.

BTW, outbound DNS at my ISP is not working today, so your email notification that you've received a response didn't work. So, when you check here and see this reply and wonder why you weren't notified, it's not your fault, it's my ISP's.
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

asavage wrote:BTW, outbound DNS at my ISP is not working today, so your email notification that you've received a response didn't work. So, when you check here and see this reply and wonder why you weren't notified, it's not your fault, it's my ISP's.
Bump, because it's fixed now.
Zeyemurgy

Post by Zeyemurgy »

Thanks.
Any idea of the diameter of the speedometer?
'82 720 KC w/SD22
Salem, OR
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

I'll try to remember to measure it today.