NissanDiesel forums

Nissan diesel engines, and the people who love them
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post Number:#1  PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:21 pm 

I would like to add a oil pressure gauge in addition to the factory light with a 'T" fitting . I have done this on many American Vehicles .This being my first Metric truck, I am not sure about Metric pipe fittings. I know that these sending units are delicate [plastic/metal] and can be easily damaged. On my 56 Ford it was a 1/8 NPT pipe fitting . Any help would be appreciated. And one other note, I just did a brake job. Then I had this rattle. [It was Loud!]After adjusting the parking brake cable, the grommet came loose [where the cable goes thru the frame] . Cable was metal to metal with frame . Re- attached grommet w/ RTV ..Rattle gone .

Post Number:#2  PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:23 am 

1982Datsunsd22 wrote:
I would like to add a oil pressure gauge in addition to the factory light with a 'T" fitting . I have done this on many American Vehicles .This being my first Metric truck, I am not sure about Metric pipe fittings. I know that these sending units are delicate [plastic/metal] and can be easily damaged. On my 56 Ford it was a 1/8 NPT pipe fitting . Any help would be appreciated. And one other note, I just did a brake job. Then I had this rattle. [It was Loud!]After adjusting the parking brake cable, the grommet came loose [where the cable goes thru the frame] . Cable was metal to metal with frame . Re- attached grommet w/ RTV ..Rattle gone .

Older post and assume you have it figured out by now...but for those who haven't yet... I just went through this in Canada (supposedly a metric country). I live on the West Coast of Vancouver Island (Ucluelet)
The proper thread is almost impossible to find, but I did discover through a guy who had a Toyota that the British Standard Pipe (1/8) is a very close match and with a bit of gasket maker goop have made it fit OK and not leak at all. I would be careful about how much you tighten the fittings though. I put a T in where the oil line to the back of the alternator goes.

Good luck