Dealing with all subsystems specific to the diesel powered Datsun-Nissan 720 pickup trucks.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

zen

Post by zen »

philip....

lifted from genuine nissan/datsun factory manual..1981...may not apply to the US.but it does apply everywhere else..

From the SD22/33 1st Revision

(moderator edited images not meeting forum standards)
turbo it

(sd33t home turbo set up if anyone is interested..)
philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

zen wrote:philip....

lifted from genuine nissan/datsun factory manual..1981...may not apply to the US.but it does apply everywhere else..

From the SD22/33 1st Revision

(moderator edited images not meeting forum standards)
Zen: This is a forum for SD series four cylinder engines that were fitted to the Datsun/Nissan 720 pickup trucks. Only casual obsrvance is made to other applications (ie forklifts, marine, or other passenger vehicles) and/or specs in countries other than North America.

Understand that Nissan published a new product bulletin in '81 regarding all the special considerations made to the SD when fitted to the 720s. It is this audience that this forum caters to specifically.

May I recommend you call a Nissan dealer for piston and block specs ... and have the specific engine ID serial number on hand. I have.
Last edited by philip 17 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
-Philip
Passed 08May2008
My friend, you are missed . . .

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

"Im slow and I'm ahead of you"
zen

Post by zen »

That may be so..but this forum is so useful for general info on sd22 engines and I know that many people all over the world look in from time to time. It seems a shame to be so narrow in perspective to totally concentrate on US models only as the 720 truck was sold worldwide.
turbo it

philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

zen wrote:...this forum is so useful for general info on sd22 engines in general, and i know that many people all over the world look in from time to time..it seems a shame to be so narrow in perspective to totally concentrate on us models only...the truck you mention was not just sold in the US... SNIP
Al and I desire an unusually high quality content forum. To this end, We often check posts for accuracy. The result has been the participation of curious, focused, thoughtful owners of the breed instead of a bunch of high school level drivel and speculation.

Because neither I nor Al own an SD33 powered vehicle (or 720s from other countries), we agreed on opening a separate forum section for those experienced owners to share info. But we do moderate that forum just the same.

Where 720 owners in other markets are concerned, We request in Welcome to Nissan Diesel that you include your truck model, year, & geographic location in your member profile or signature so the readers may assume on their own that you might not have a left hand drive truck ... with differences so implied. :wink:
Last edited by philip 17 years ago, edited 6 times in total.
-Philip
Passed 08May2008
My friend, you are missed . . .

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

"Im slow and I'm ahead of you"
zen

Post by zen »

ok..point taken...and yes it is a very good forum...
turbo it