Our Moderator, Philip . . .

Ongoing discussion of anything not related to Nissans or diesels.

Moderators: goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead »

Now there's a motorhead. He can barely talk but you can bet he's got to drive.
'82 standard cab 3 axle SD22 turbo
'89 int'l 9700 Cummins 444 (855 ci)
'29 HD FD export model
zen

Post by zen »

blimey!!!

:shock:
sorry to hear of woes Philip!!

get better soon...

simon
turbo it

(sd33t home turbo set up if anyone is interested..)
REDNECK

Post by REDNECK »

philip,.......I have not recived a verbal lashing in a while.......almost withdrawls.........hope your better, soon....
87 D21,SD25.
may she NEVER stop smokin!
philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

Knucklehead wrote:Now there's a motorhead. He can barely talk but you can bet he's got to drive.
What are some "strokes" to me:

1: "Stroke is a disease that affects the blood vessels that supply blood to the brain."

2. A down stroke makes you feel good.

3. "DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS!"

4. "A single cylinder two-stroke engine produces power every crankshaft revolution, while a single cylinder four-stroke engine produces power one stroke out of every four."

5. A Ford truck is a Power Stroke diesel.

Hahhahaa.
-Philip
Passed 08May2008
My friend, you are missed . . .

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

"Im slow and I'm ahead of you"
kassim503

Post by kassim503 »

Hahahahahahah

that was good :lol:
'83 maxima sedan, l24e, a/t, black

227K SOLD 6/7/2012
kassim503

Post by kassim503 »

Hahahaha :lol:

that was good
'83 maxima sedan, l24e, a/t, black

227K SOLD 6/7/2012
crzhors

Hitting on all 4

Post by crzhors »

Hey Philip,sounds like you;ve cleared the obstructions from your fuel line,
What's the secret? Bio-Diesel in your morning coffee? Thanks for sending those Sat Maps ,neat sites. You take care and looking forward to ya being ornery again. JD in Panama
SD22 Marine=M4-33 1974Challenger 40
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

philip wrote:2. A down stroke makes you feel good.
:oops:
5. A Ford truck is a Power Stroke diesel.
My '84 Ford diesel F250 truck is a non-PS diesel, it's IDI (1983-1993-1/2, then the PS was introduced). What's all the more confusing is the last of the IDIs (1987-93.5) are 7.3l and so are the early PowerStrokes.

So when ordering parts you have to specify not only "diesel", not only "7.3l" but also "IDI" or "DI" (or "PS").

My Dad's got a '93 IDI, makes life tough when ordering parts.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

asavage wrote:SNIP- So when ordering parts you have to specify not only "diesel", not only "7.3l" but also "IDI" or "DI" (or "PS").

My Dad's got a '93 IDI, makes life tough when ordering parts.
I've come to respect Edgar to anything he needs or refered to those who know older Ford truck diesels.

-Philip
Passed 08May2008

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

philip
Deceased

Re: Hitting on all 4

Post by philip »

crzhors wrote:-Snip- You take care and looking forward to ya being ornery again. JD in Panama
:) Thank you. The hosital needled "Lovenox" 2x daily 3/16 thru 3/26. There were no "mosquite" nurses (a sharped phlebotomy). I still have 5" dia purple bruises on my belly!

The 7.5mg Coumadin pills started at 3/16 thru 4/3. That's when the blood clot became too strong ... which bled for 30 mins on one spot. The doctor "mosquited" determined the Coumadin for three days, followed by resume of Coumadin at 5mg. Had another "mosquite" a couple days ago (4/09). We repeat another poke in two weeks (4/23). Oh "joy" :x

It's the worth for The Good as EACH morning my speach memory improves. :D
Last edited by philip 17 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
-Philip
Passed 08May2008

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

crzhors

Play the piano

Post by crzhors »

Hey Philip,remember the old joke, "Doctor,will I be able to play the piano after this treatment?" Something to look forward to! JD :D
SD22 Marine=M4-33 1974Challenger 40
abumariah

Post by abumariah »

phillip,

haven't been on in months. sorry to hear about your difficulties, and i hope that you keep moving in the right direction. gonna be doing my 720 gas-diesel conversion this summer and i'll need your sage advice!

hang in there.

jeremy
1985 720 kc 4x4 z24
1981 720 kc 2wd sd22
philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

Last Thursday, I got the "Speech/Language and Aphasia Evaluation Report". Three pages! There were no good reviews (not the way I interpreted) unless .... a lot of what the psychologist noticed were also due to typical age. And yet the psychologist's last sentence was "It was a pleasure servicing Mr. A. If I can further assistance, please feel free to contract me at .... Thank you".

I think he just wants another easy $$$ from Aetna. I HAVE noticed some subtle psychological changes since the stroke incident. A little less left-brain thinking seems to allow right-brain compensation. The psychologist noted a few moments of BOTH Broca's and Wernicke's aphasia. I am aware of subtle mental thinking IS changing. :roll: :shock: :twisted:

Coumadin was 4.2 in May 5 .... and down to 2.2 in May 18. I get another "mosquito" poke about June 4-6. If still between 2-3 points then they'll leave me alone for a month. Gad.
-Philip
Passed 08May2008

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

Knucklehead wrote:Now there's a motorhead. He can barely talk but you can bet he's got to drive.
Ok ... 'just I better log this one now.

Back on July 3. I had used my hydraulic jack to lift up the left wheel. I always use a jack stand too.

I walked back to get my air hose and air gun for the wheel nuts. I pulled out the the coiled air hose ... and stepped back one more move and ... TRIPPED ... over the pole handle that operates the hydraulic jack. I had left the pole handle on the horizontal instead of vertical.

WHAM I fell over back, landing the back of my head on the cement drive. I think I was out for less than 30 seconds. Bloody. I'll forego the drama details.

My own stupid fault for leaving the pole in horizontal when I usually leave it vertical.
-Philip
Passed 08May2008

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

I've done that a couple of times (I'm a slow learner). It's a rule here: floor jack handle is stored UP.