1984 Nissan Laurel C32 major restoration

Discuss (and cuss) the Nissan LD-series OHC Six diesel engine, popularly available in the US in 1981-83 Datsun/Nissan Maxima Sedans & Wagons.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

bogs777

1984 Nissan Laurel C32 major restoration

Post by bogs777 »

hi all,

its been a while since i last posted here. that time we just had the car and no idea on how to operate it. lemme introduce myself and my car.

im Gabe and i live here in the Philippines. im a proud owner of a 1984 c32 nissan laurel (my apologies for '87 year bagde on the 1st post). we inherited it from my father-in-law who died February of this year. we decided keep the car since it one of his priced possession. it has a LD28 engine and the rest i dont know, but im interested in bring this car back closest to life as possible. here are the photos:

The Engine
Last edited by bogs777 12 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
Suresh

C32 Laurel

Post by Suresh »

oh what a beautiful car.
i had a similar problem.

remedies:
check what devices are drawing current while parked.
new glowplugs
get a 700+ cold cranking amp battery.
injection pump timing
compression
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Another fellow had similar problem a few months back. Al (our land lord and very familiar w/the LD engine) suggested it might be the alternator diodes if nothing else turns up bad.

Rufus
82 Maxima wagon
bogs777

Post by bogs777 »

june of this year we decided to have the body repaired. i driving when the clutch pedal became loose then fell. ive found out the the metal it bolted on to under the cawl was eaten away by rust

bogs777

Post by bogs777 »

one of the problems i have is the dashboard which is in bad condition. none of the gauge on the instrument panel is working. a/c is problematic and water is pouring inside from the a/c evaporator. there are really many things to do

bogs777

Post by bogs777 »

finally we had the body work finished and the paint job done. still having trouble of sourcing parts for the interior (if you knew of someone breaking up their laurel lemme know) and some engine problems. since i know im on the right website to inquire just about everything for my car's engine i know i can bring back this car's old glory. here's the latest picture. (pretty on the outside only, so sad)

bogs777

Post by bogs777 »

thats were the fun begins!
C32 Laurel, LD28, Black/White, 330k

http://www.gofundme.com/7artao