Trip to JY tomorrow/?

General information about the first-generation Nissan Maxima in the US. What was the Datsun 810 became the luxury leader Maxima in the US in 1981.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

Shagbark

Trip to JY tomorrow/?

Post by Shagbark »

I'm going to the JY tomorrow and have a question. I need front turn signal/marker light assemblies and a dash that isn't cracked all to heck (I 'm probably dreaming here) for my 82 wagon. If I find a sedan with these parts on it, will they fit my wagon? BTW, if I find some diesel stuff, 280ZX turbos or anything else interesting, I will post it on here.

Frank
Frank

82 Maxima diesel wagon, AT, 139k miles (New daily driver).
85 720 pickup, AT, 235K miles, (Gasser, old daily driver).
85 F350 4x4, 185K miles (460 Gas Hog but, sometimes you gotta have some muscle).
2000 Firebird (Wife's car).
Carimbo

Post by Carimbo »

Yes, front turn signal/marker light assemblies and dash from sedan are identical to wagon. Most everything from front seats forward appear identical between wagon and sedan. Exhaust system is different.

You'll need an offset #2 phillips or #2 phillips bit/ratcheting 1/4" box wrench combo to remove some of the dash screws up against the windshield. Good Luck!
Shagbark

Post by Shagbark »

Carimbo wrote:Yes, front turn signal/marker light assemblies and dash from sedan are identical to wagon. Most everything from front seats forward appear identical between wagon and sedan. Exhaust system is different.

You'll need an offset #2 phillips or #2 phillips bit/ratcheting 1/4" box wrench combo to remove some of the dash screws up against the windshield. Good Luck!
Sweeeeeet! I got up at 3AM to come check this. Thanks for the info and the heads-up on the tools Carimbo.

Frank
Frank

82 Maxima diesel wagon, AT, 139k miles (New daily driver).
85 720 pickup, AT, 235K miles, (Gasser, old daily driver).
85 F350 4x4, 185K miles (460 Gas Hog but, sometimes you gotta have some muscle).
2000 Firebird (Wife's car).