Looking for a factory wheel center cap for a 1982 Sedan...

General information about the first-generation Nissan Maxima in the US. What was the Datsun 810 became the luxury leader Maxima in the US in 1981.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

ww

Looking for a factory wheel center cap for a 1982 Sedan...

Post by ww »

Anybody have one they're willing to let go of?

I'm looking for one to replace the one that went missing on my 1982 Diesel Maxima Sedan with 65k miles on this pristine example of 80's cruising style!

Everything works, with the exception of the passenger rear door latch which already has a known solution thanks to you guys.

I just put new tires on to replace the 12 year old ones that were on the car when it was garaged back in 1997. I wish I'd had the forethought to put a taller set of tires on!

I made the mistake of going with the factory 185/70/14 which was the cheapest 14" tire anyone carries. I should have paid a few extra bucks to get the 205/75/14's to get better highway mpg and lower the revs on the diesel motor by about 8%.

I'll definitely do that on the next set of tires, but it'll probably be on one of my spare sets of 15" 280ZX Turbo "swastika" wheels, but I do like the retro styling on the factory Maxima wheels though... :)

Thanks,
WW
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Well, if the local junk yards don't produce anything, take a pic of what you want (better include the wheel also) and start corresponding with JY's everywhere.

Rufus
82 Maxima wagon
Carimbo

Post by Carimbo »

I have some, they are in great condition, PM me.

Moderator, should this thread move to Peddle/Procure?