All my idiot lights are on

General information about the first-generation Nissan Maxima in the US. What was the Datsun 810 became the luxury leader Maxima in the US in 1981.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

kassim503

All my idiot lights are on

Post by kassim503 »

Yesterday I experienced a blowout, it happend when I was on a turn, rear passenger side went out, went to correct the oversteer and the car didnt respond, resulting in me and the datsun gliding over a good 15-20 feet of dirt and hitting 2 trees, one big one small, small one did a little damage to the lower part of the drivers fender, no biggie, big one hit the bumper and nothign happened. After a few choice words I put the spare on and went on my way, at the time the car was running fine. I was chugging along this morning on the way to work and without warning all the idiot lights turned on, charge, brake, door open, wiper, and lights. I wasnt going over potholes or nothing, it just went off and so far it hasnt turned back on.

It sounds like a alternator problem right? something to do with the warning light thing on the dash, ill look into the fsm soon, but if sombody done it already itll save me time searching for the problem
'83 maxima sedan, l24e, a/t, black

227K SOLD 6/7/2012
asavage
Site Admin

Re: All my idiot lights are on

Post by asavage »

kassim503 wrote:It sounds like a alternator problem right? something to do with the warning light thing on the dash
Yup. See this post.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.