goodbye

SD diesels were widely available in the US in the 1981-86 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickups, and in Canada through '87 in the D21 pickup.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

larrynsr

goodbye

Post by larrynsr »

just want to say goodbye to this group. my Volvo got hit and i decided to sell off the whole car to a fellow member on this forum instead of fixing it. He will salvage the turbo sd25. its been fun working on that sd25. i will miss its simplicity and reliability. my replacement vehicle is a 2014 vw jetta sportwagon 2.0 TDI with 6 speed manual trans. diesel technology has come a long way since 1981. amazing power and torque while getting 50mpg hwy out of a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder common rail direct injection turbocharged intercooled engine.
81' Volvo 240 Wagon
SD25/Turbo/Intercooler/Propane
dn29626

Re: goodbye

Post by dn29626 »

Best of luck to you.
82 King Cab 2wd (nice)
82 Reg Cab (body damage)
Anderson , SC
Since Fall 2009
plenzen

Post by plenzen »

Good luck to you and thanks for participating.

P
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
ehtrain

Post by ehtrain »

make sure your absolutely religious with your oil changes on that tdi. aluminium doesnt like when oil changes are pushed for mileage. seen many of those vw in cars and linde forklifts melt down the cylinder heads from either lack of oil or lack of maintenance. buddy brought his in one day to find cam lobe completely worn off...

best of luck to you. common rail makes power at the cost of electronics :p
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Funny, I'm finally going to a never-change-oil-again setup on my van. I finally stopped putting off buying the bypass filtration setup and ordered it yesterday.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
plenzen

Post by plenzen »

Is it the Amsoil one ?

Edit:
Sorry
Should have clicked on the link.
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
waynosworld

Post by waynosworld »

I am the one that bought this from Larry, I have a lot on my plate right now, so this is going to sit for a while till I have time to transfer it over to whatever I am going to put it into, I might just build another extended cab 521 for it, or it might go into the 1980 720 dually diesel if I get lazy, I really don't drive that one anymore, as I have so many other cooler rigs to drive.
I have been asking Larry questions lately, as he changed things when he installed the propane injection, I have almost come to the conclusion that he could make the turbo work on these engines in any configuration, he just has that kind of mind, if he had focused his time say trading stocks, he would likely be filthy rich right now.
I know the voices are not real,
but they have some really good ideas.
waynosworld

Post by waynosworld »

I cannot find the thread for this engine I bought from Larry, I can only find the propane injection and goodbye threads, I recently made some changes that I plan to document, I believe I will start my own thread on that change, but I would like to link the original thread with my new thread if there is a thread on this engine.

OK, I found my thread on the truck, that will be where I update about my progress on this engine, here is a link to that thread.
http://nissandiesel.dyndns.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3474
I know the voices are not real,
but they have some really good ideas.