Operating temperature on the water

SD diesels were widely available in the US in the 1981-86 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickups, and in Canada through '87 in the D21 pickup.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

L-R Series 1

Operating temperature on the water

Post by L-R Series 1 »

Hi.

Does anybody know what a good operating temperature is for the cooling water on a SD25 from 1985 ?

I use the engine in a L-R S1 from 1956 and the guy before me used a SD 22 engine and then the meeter needle was in the "safe zone".

But now when i have change the engine to a SD 25 i don´t know if the meeter is in good calibration with the temperature sensor in the SD 25.

I have fitted a extra fan on to the radiator with a thermostat sensor that engages the fan at 197,6 F, is that appropriate or should it be lower ?
waynosworld

Re: Operating temperature on the water

Post by waynosworld »

I have the same temp thermostat as the napZ engine has in my diesel engines which I suspect is a 180 degree thermostat, as the temp gauge needle is in the same place, just above half way.
L-R Series 1 wrote:Hi.

Does anybody know what a good operating temperature is for the cooling water on a SD25 from 1985 ?

I use the engine in a L-R S1 from 1956 and the guy before me used a SD 22 engine and then the meeter needle was in the "safe zone".

But now when i have change the engine to a SD 25 i don´t know if the meeter is in good calibration with the temperature sensor in the SD 25.

I have fitted a extra fan on to the radiator with a thermostat sensor that engages the fan at 197,6 F, is that appropriate or should it be lower ?
I know the voices are not real,
but they have some really good ideas.