Diesel Commandments

SD diesels were widely available in the US in the 1981-86 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickups, and in Canada through '87 in the D21 pickup.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

philip
Deceased

Diesel Commandments

Post by philip »

"The Ten Commandments of Diesel Maintenance"

1. Thou shalt keep thine engine clean and in adjustment that thy life in its company shall be long and that the owner shall increase thy job longevity.

2. Know thine engine and all its parts and functions, else thou shalt be up some tributary without means of locomotion.

3. Be not wise in thine own conceit. Remember the factory instructions and keep them Holy, lest false repairs be thine undoing.

4. Be not loose in thy jaw hinges for no man knoweth all about diesels. The truly wise absorbeth much knowledge and exceedith little, and he who so doeth shall gain repute among his fellows and favors among his superiors.

5. For all things in this life that thou desireth, thou shalt also pay plenty, and for the wisdom of experience, no less. Advice from the multitudes costeth nothing and usually worth as much.

6. In the books thou mayest read what to do and when, but only the voice of experience may tell thee why and how, else reading of what and when shall but plague thee with smoke.

7. God maketh the earth rotate endlessly without bearing or oil, but not thy diesel.

8. Curse not thine engine when it turneth not. Curse rather thine own neglect.

9. Steam engines and gas engines may long turn over though sloppy: a diesel not so. With gauges and mikes be thou ever busy.

10. The eternal eye watcheth universal operations, but thou shalt not rely upon it as to thy diesel.

Thine own vigilance is the price thou payest for thy job.

--unknown author--
-Philip
Passed 08May2008
My friend, you are missed . . .

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

"Im slow and I'm ahead of you"
philip
Deceased

Re: Diesel Commandments

Post by philip »

And let me add regarding Bosch injection pumps

-Philip
Passed 08May2008
My friend, you are missed . . .

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

"Im slow and I'm ahead of you"
Highway Man

Re: Diesel Commandments

Post by Highway Man »

HMmm,

I believe it would have been nice to have known this Man!

Just a passing thought,

highway man.

John Richards.
Western Australia!