Nissy720's 4x4 Dual Cab Ute

This is where we can post about our rigs, specs, ongoing plans, etc., links to pics.

Moderators: goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

nissy720

Nissy720's 4x4 Dual Cab Ute

Post by nissy720 »

Hey all, how is everyone..?

My name is Mike, I live in Perth, Western Australia.

In november 07 i bought this 84 Nissan/Datsun 720 SD25 - for a decent price of $1800AU with only 145000kms on the clock.

Since i've owned it i've got some new wheels and tyres, canopy, bullbar and spotlights.

I'll post up some pics of what the car looks like now... this is what it looked like when i first bought it.

83 Nissan 720 SD25 Diesel 4x4 Dual Cab Ute
Twin tip baffled muffler | Wheel Arch Extensions | TJM Bull Bar | Spotties| Fibreglass Canopy | intermittent knock in engine bay - its a real 4x4 now...
goglio704

Post by goglio704 »

Nice truck and welcome aboard.
Matt B.

83 Maxima Sedan, LD28, 5 speed, white, 130k miles. My original Maxima.
83 Maxima Sedan converted from gasser, LD28, 5 speed, 2 tone blue, 230k miles
82 Maxima Sedan, LD28, 3 speed auto, 2 tone Gray/Silver, 140k miles
81 810 Sedan, LD28, 3 speed auto, rust, rust, and more rust!

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
nissy720

Post by nissy720 »

hey all,

been a while since i've been on and the 720 has changed a little since the last pic. Also had a head rebuild too and two gaskets - don't know what happened the first time but 8 months went past and it started blowing through into the coolant so the head came off again.. its all good now but.

pic from when i took it bush bashing

I have a custom tonneau cover on the rear tray now (glass conopy is sitting out back). Also have some side steps for it which i'll fit soon.

thanks
Mike
83 Nissan 720 SD25 Diesel 4x4 Dual Cab Ute
Twin tip baffled muffler | Wheel Arch Extensions | TJM Bull Bar | Spotties| Fibreglass Canopy | intermittent knock in engine bay - its a real 4x4 now...
Dr. Jones

Post by Dr. Jones »

Can we get the quad cab in the US or has the truck been modified that way?
'82 Maxima Sedan x2
'92 Saab 9000 Griffin Edition Wrecked
'80 Ford E100(twisted tranny) SCRAPPED
Bob Drucker

Post by Bob Drucker »

The 4 door was not available in the USA untill very recently, and this without the Diesel, sorry, could get in Mexico and I believe in Canada, don't quote me on this. With the smog and safety laws, probably unable to import as well............Regards BOB.
roverdiesel
DMS

Post by DMS »

I cannot speak for safety regulations, but I can speak for Emissions.

I dont see why this truck could not be imported into the US... even Ca. As long as it has the same equipment as the US LD variations. If the sticker under the hood that says "conforms to US EPA and California Emissions" isnt there the smog check will have to reference a manufacture or aftermarket "ECS" manual(Emissions Control Systems). If its all there then it will pass... even the state Ref should pass that.

So all thats stopping importation is safety regulations and process needed to be followed when undertaking a vehicle import.

The vehicles that are hard to import are vehicles that never made it here stateside in any form.

BTW Very Nice UTE!
Ray