1982 Maxima DD for sale, curious for advice

This is where we can post about our rigs, specs, ongoing plans, etc., links to pics.

Moderators: goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

DMS

1982 Maxima DD for sale, curious for advice

Post by DMS »

Hey guys,

Its been a year or so since I was really last on here. I think its been close to 2.5 years since I had a running LD. I guess I just cant stay away.

Im currently looking at a 82 Maxima here in Sacramento
the add is here:
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1572626720.html

Owner says that the starter needs replaced. That will run about $150 OTD. The tail light fuse intermittently burns up. Carpet is toast. Owner says Door seals leak and leave water on the floor. Ive owned enough Datsuns to think it may be the windshield seal, but who knows until I look closer. The heater/AC panel has been jacked up. The AC system is missing the drive belt. I have no idea if it works, but Im leaning towards not. The pictures look clean under the hood.

I have not seen this car in person yet. Im on the fence about it.
Im thinking just by the description that its not really worth the asking price. Im really curious what you guys think is a good price with this description. I refuse to buy it if I cannot put a starter in it and drive it home. I want an idea of what price to reach before I should walk away.

I dont mind the electrical issues. Im good at those. The engine must be a good runner. Interior off the dealer lot left something to desire so bad carpet not a big deal. The heater/ac control head being damaged sucks and so does a dead R12 AC system. Brake system is unknown as well.

The good is that it appears to have a straight little-no rust body.
The engine bay is clean.

Personally Id love a wagon, but we dont get many LD maximas around here. If it helps I would be using the car as a DD to transport my daughter to school and drive to work. About 40 miles a day.

I would enjoy all of your input. Thank You
Ray
kassim503

Post by kassim503 »

The post was deleted by author
'83 maxima sedan, l24e, a/t, black

227K SOLD 6/7/2012
DMS

Post by DMS »

I guess he just sold it :?
Ray
DMS

Post by DMS »

We have taken possession of Al's baby. The wagon is out front delivered by Al in person. I still cant believe he drove straight down in one day. He made good time.

I was considering using it to tow my 240Z tomorrow, but from the sounds of it the brakes are not very good for heavy loads. So I will give it a try out tomorrow and if it isnt up for the extra weight Ill leave the 240Z behind and take her for a maiden voyage with her new family.

Ray
Ray