WANTED 1 LD28 FUEL INJECTOR

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

teknomage

WANTED 1 LD28 FUEL INJECTOR

Post by teknomage »

WANTED 1 LD28 FUEL INJECTOR, I had an unfortunate failure of the tip of one of my injectors breaking, does someone please have 1 ld28 fuel injector to help me out and keep my ride alive (before the bad spray pattern does irreperable damage, as this is my only car that is a daily driver. My 1977 280z 2+2 turbo intercooled LD28....

503 213 3194. Brent Hasty
TheDieseliminator

Post by TheDieseliminator »

Hi Brent, I sure am glad I did my daily "diesel" search on Ebay yesterday as there just happens to be a NOS injector/nozzle on there up for grabs. Here is the link:

Nissan Maxima Injector Nozzle LD28 OE

And at that price I'd say it's easily worth it for essentially a new injector that's not rebuilt or even used. That will get you back to running and on the road again. Kinda off topic to your wanted ad here, I wanted to mention that you have an awesome car with the 280Z converted to diesel. It's something I've always dreamed of doing and like the idea of having a diesel sports car. I noticed you don't frequent the forum here a lot and I happened to post over in the User's Rigs forum about you car with a few questions about it. I have an 82 Maxima diesel that is and has been off the road for about 2 years and recently went to go look at a 76 280Z 2+2 for sale about three weeks ago that has the 2.8 gas and automatic trans with only 55k original miles. Car is in MD, but was a TX car previously and has a very good body. I can get it for a very fair price and really am thinking I should buy it to convert over and have a fast diesel car! I just joined the HybridZ forum three weeks ago also, so I know your a member over there also and I'll be coming to you to ask a good bit of questions if I do jump into this project. Take it easy and good luck with the injector.

Sal
1982 Datsun Maxima diesel wagon w/ 228k miles
*occasional daily driver*

1982 Datsun Maxima diesel sedan w/ 252k miles
*now off the road as a parts car and sent to the yard :( *
teknomage

Post by teknomage »

the 76 would be my choice of chassis if I did it again, it gives you a full size spare and 2.5 gallons more fuel capacity.
TheDieseliminator

Post by TheDieseliminator »

teknomage wrote:the 76 would be my choice of chassis if I did it again, it gives you a full size spare and 2.5 gallons more fuel capacity.
That's some very interesting info to know between the different years and I think I'm going to go ahead and buy the car. Looking at most likely sending him a "deposit" this week and then I'll have another project to work on in time for the spring. :lol:

Brent, noticed the injector had one bid at auction end so were you the lucky winner?
1982 Datsun Maxima diesel wagon w/ 228k miles
*occasional daily driver*

1982 Datsun Maxima diesel sedan w/ 252k miles
*now off the road as a parts car and sent to the yard :( *