Running SD22 for sale...

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

dieseldood

Running SD22 for sale...

Post by dieseldood »

Hey All, I used to be in here all the time to gather info on the SD22 I was building- user name used to be weezledeezle. Anyway, I have the great little SD22 with new glow plugs, new starter, a rebuilt mitsubishi tc-05 turbo that I added, full serpentine belt setup with P/S, big delco alternator, and an air pump to vacuum out (filter and burn) the crankcase gasses. This engine is bolted to a custom bellhousing with a new centerforce clutch and then to a borg-warner T-5 tranny and np231 transfer case- its a direct bolt-in for a jeep cherokee or wagoneer XJ 4x4 with the custom driveshafts as well. I have stripped the truck it is in almost completely, but with a battery and fuel tank and a couple hours to reconnect wiring and stuff, it'll fire right up. It made too much torque for my 400k mile chassis to handle and started cracking my frame- totalled truck. I now drive a 4x4 dodge 1 ton with the cummins 5.9l TD in it now, and would love to sell the whole drivetrain to someone who can use it and all the hard work I put into it. Ran great wen parked last year, and I still turn it over by hand (bounce off compression) once a month to make sure it still spins easy (it does). I need at least $2500 for the whole works. Cheers all...
________
Love advice advice
Last edited by dieseldood 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Nissan_Ranger

Post by Nissan_Ranger »

I'd love to see a couple of pictures of it...

N_R
The old 'six gun' was as popular as the cell phone in its time and just as annoying when it went off in the Theater.
dieseldood

Post by dieseldood »

Hey- good idea! Pictures can be arranged- I'll take a few more as-is to add to the ones I have from when it was up and driving. I'll have them up in a few days...
________
Glass bongs