I need a Radiator Bad

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

justanother54321

I need a Radiator Bad

Post by justanother54321 »

I was going across country in my truck. Everything was fins until a calf ran out in the middle of the highway... Everybody is fine, the calf died quickly, by my radiator is shot.

I was hoping someone has a spare...

Or if someone knows where I can get one without spending over $400 dollars for one.

Any info is always much appreciated.
1982 720 SD22 CA Emission
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Well, kinda depends where you're located, as far as local sources go. An independent or shade-tree shop might get you going for a little less. If you can weld (wherever you are), have a junk yard around and a tape measure handy you can probably find something you can fit on that will do the job...

IOW, not rocket science but there's work that's gotta be done when you have an old vehicle and can't (or don't want to) order parts out of the catalog. You could probably skip the fan (but gotta have all the belts working) if you really had to - just watch the temps and don't drive slow too long. But that can get stressful and you might destroy your engine if you zone out at the wrong time.

Good luck.

Rufus
82 Maxima wagon
justanother54321

Post by justanother54321 »

radiator core is being replaced. $325 dollars with labor.
1982 720 SD22 CA Emission
plenzen

Post by plenzen »

YIKES ! :o
But at least its not the $400.00 that you originally feared ! :roll:
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN