WTB- '82 FSM and crankshaft damper

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

gromit

WTB- '82 FSM and crankshaft damper

Post by gromit »

FSM for '82 Maxi

crank damper for LD28

Gromit
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

See this thread for info on getting yours rebuilt, if you have a delaminated core. Carimbo & I had a pair done, they worked well. Not a "show quality" finish, but very durable looking when done.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

gromit

Post by gromit »

Al- Thank you for the replys--it was only just now that I realized that I had posted in Peddle & Procure ---Old Farts Disease! Sent a message to the seller of the FSM, to see if it was still for sale.

On the harmonic dampener--my outer ring, which I now believe to be just a second sheet metal pulley is missing--so I don't have enough pieces to rebuild. I have read all the LD28 posts, so was aware of the rebuilding. It would appear to me that Nissan was using the inertia of all the belt driven accessories as the inertia part of the dampener, since the outer member of the dampener is just the two tin pulleys (which don't have much WR squared)

Since I will only be belt driving the alternator, water pump & fan, I can get away with just one pulley groove in the (hoped for) application--a Jeep but I might see if I can make a split, balanced ring clamp up on the extended rubber where the extra pulley was.

Herb, AKA Gromit
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

I'm pretty sure that I don't have any damper cores left. Good luck finding one; someone's got to have one.
gromit

Post by gromit »

PM sent yesterday
Herb