SOLD: 1983 King Cab SD-22

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

billyg

SOLD: 1983 King Cab SD-22

Post by billyg »

Been a member for a long time and this forum has helped me LOTS as I got this thing running and road worthy after dragging it out from under a tree in Huntsville Al. But all good things must come to an end and I've upgraded to a power stroke and TDI and it's time for this one to go. Would love to have it go to a good home. If anyone is interested: text or Phone is two-five six- 6-nine-4-two-9-four-9

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/3777221430.html
CL wrote:1983 Datsun King Cab diesel, SD-22, 147K, bought new in Huntsville Al and been local since. Was showing 96K when I got it and the seller said half of that was behind an RV. It had sat for 7 plus years not running (bad fuel pump diaphragm) and he was 'going to put a gasser in it' but thankfully never did, had a camper shell on it which probably saved the bed from thru-wall rust. I fixed to get road worthy or replaced during the last 5 years: fuel pump diaphragm, rebuilt injector's (city diesel in Decatur), glo-plugs, most of the rubber parts (water hoses, belts, hanger bearing), brake and clutch master cylinders, water pump/thermostat, valve stem seals, shocks, u-joints, balanced driveshaft, starter solenoid, alternator (integral vacuum pump w/hose that goes from alt to crankcase), front bearings, front pads, rebuilt trans mission 5/10, legal window tint. Have receipts for most of above but there's probably something I'm forgetting. A/C has never been opened and still works with a top off in the spring, last year was the first year I had to put a whole can to get the sight glass clear of bubbles. Body is straight with a few small rough spots and never been wrecked. Rotella T every 5k and stanadyne fuel additive religiously.

Was my daily driver since about 2007 consistently averaging about 31-32 mpg without A/C and 28-30 with. Upgraded to TDI couple of years so I don't need it anymore. Also got new ball joints (4) that I planned to install but haven't, the whole set of micro-fiche cards for part number look-up (with part number I order on-line) and a working micro-fiche machine. $3500 firm. Call or text two-five-6-six-1-four- 2-nine-4-9.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
"Let me control a nations currency and I care not who makes the laws" N.M Rothschild
dn29626

Post by dn29626 »

You're saying it is a 1983.
The pictures (bed,interior,hood,bumper) look like it is a 1982. It does look good.
82 King Cab 2wd (nice)
82 Reg Cab (body damage)
Anderson , SC
Since Fall 2009
billyg

officially out now

Post by billyg »

SOLD
"Let me control a nations currency and I care not who makes the laws" N.M Rothschild
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

A bit of closure:
billyg wrote:Thanks for all the help over the last few years on the truck. The forum, and you and Phil, were an invaluable asset as i worked on my truck to get it back in shape. A boy (to me at least -he was 23) came over from south of Atlanta this morning and bought it.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.