FS (Seattle): (2) SD22 engines, plus a transmission

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

asavage
Site Admin

FS (Seattle): (2) SD22 engines, plus a transmission

Post by asavage »

An acquaintance of mine, Corky Peterson, bought a 720 w/SD22 new. He ran it to just under 200k miles, and when it began to use some oil, he bought an SD25, rebuilt it, and he just got it installed and is driving it.

He asked me to post this ad for the leftovers. He is in his late 70s and is not really comfortable with today's internet tech. He can't get me or you pictures.

Located in the Seattle area, for local pickup only.

(1) SD22 with under 200k miles on it, complete except perhaps the alternator, from which he may have stolen the diode pack. The starter was reworked recently, and the injectors were rebuilt 1.5 years ago. Runs well, but is worn and uses oil.

(1) SD22, complete long block and some accessories, supposed to be a good runner but sold as a core, as Corky never ran it.

(1) 5-speed diesel transmission, sold for core. Two flywheels and some clutch parts.

He will not ship them, you have to come get them. There are no pictures. No, I don't know what he wants for them. He prefers to sell all three together, but is willing to sell separately. I do not believe that he wishes to part them out.

He also has an SD25 power steering reservoir and mounting bracket (?) for sale separately.

Also a set of used SD25 pistons & liners left over from his rebuild, that he figures are still usable.

I do not know if I have these details completely correct. He has asked me to post this ad, and if you're interested then email Corky at corktop@gmail.com .
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.