Parting LD28 engine in Southern California

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

greaseyote

Parting LD28 engine in Southern California

Post by greaseyote »

I am parting out an LD28. Yes I ripped the crank out.

So far I have removed and saved the oil pan, oil cooler, oil pump, injection pump, injection lines, timing cover, fan clutch, valve cover, water pump and power steering pump. Those items are all for sale and appear to be in good condition.

If there is anything else somebody wants, speak now or I am going to scrap the rest of it. If someone wants any of the aluminum items speak now or forever hold your peace, those are going to be scrapped as well if nobody shows interest in them. Sorry but I have to keep my shop area fairly clean. I will save the more "important" things like injection pump and probably list them on ebay if nobody wants them here.

I have owned and worked on many diesels and it kind of made me sad to do this. It looked like a well put together engine and robust design and I could the fun in building a turbo diesel Z car. Maybe if another non-running Maxima pops up in the future...

edit: I also have the alternator and vacuum pump.