pl521 HELP!!

Ongoing discussion of anything not related to Nissans or diesels.

Moderators: goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

REDNECK

pl521 HELP!!

Post by REDNECK »

I have had a '70 521 in my driveway for years, that i cannot ever seem to giveup when i have a person who wants it, :D ........I have a problem, I recently replaced the wife's vehical with a new one, but kept the old one, because there is nothing wrong with it, as far as i am concerned, but she wanted a new one. my problem is..........do i keep the old car that i dated my wife in( that we bought new in 92, its a festiva) and customize for my daughter, or do i build the datsun for her. one HAS :cry: to go i have run out of room at my house and don't know wich to keep!!!

The 521 is a good builder with almost no rust, has 90% of the original, parts, it's missing some chrome 'tis why I say 90%, What would it be worth???? to me it's priceless, but I think I have found a GOOD new owner, that wants to build it for his son.............any help on what it would be worth would be appriciated.........
87 D21,SD25.
may she NEVER stop smokin!
plenzen

Post by plenzen »

IMO only. The 1970 truck, although kind of cool and all, will have replacement parts made of ( to quote Al's description) Unobtainium. :( The Festiva will be a better bet in that she can afford to put gas in it, and YOU WILL HAVE TO REPAIR IT. BTDT. Intsead of being 38 yrs old the Festiva is only 16 yrs old and parts will be more readily available, although still scarce I wager. As mentioned "Been There Done That" with my daughter, and trust me, things get busted,,,,,mysteriously too,,,"I dont know what happened, it just fell off, burnt out, got bent by itself, ran dry, etc etc etc". Think back when you had your first car. I can, and I drove the bag off it and was busted more than it was running. The truck may be more durable to start with, but rest assured you WILL have to fix!! OFTEN!!! Take the money for the truck and put it in a parts fund for the Festiva. I learned more about a 1990 Sunbird than I ever wanted to know. To quote a phone call from my daughter: "Dad, the tempreture guage was pinned and it was smelling really bad but we made it to the Ranchmans ( cowboy bar), we were lucky huh?". Sheesh!!!! :x :x GIRLS!!! :roll: A 16-20 yr old kid be it male or female can break an Abrams M1A1,,,,,EASY :!: :!: :P :P
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
REDNECK

Post by REDNECK »

well,.......both could be brought up to date, the datsun i could put in the diesel out of a 85,........the festi, a mazda b6t motor that i could find, this unit will be the rod for my daughter, both require a full over haul, both will cost me a foutune, and she will crash it that i relize,......both i could get parts for both with a little lookin' can any thing be harder to find than our 87 parts ????i seriously doubt that!!! I know wheir their are several 70's for parts,.......but am batting 0 for parts for the 87.

The festy with a b6t will be a fun little car, and economical,......the 70, i could even put in a nice 2.5l nissan outta a newer car...........it's a hard call, but what is the 70 worth that is the question,........

and pauly i still owe you the #'s for the rad in the 87..........i have not forgotten!......just been SUPER busy, sorry...........like my truck you cannot get to panicy!!hahaha.................

I need a project, but wich one???...............
87 D21,SD25.
davehoos

Post by davehoos »

for a girl i go with the festiva.good looking paint,a radio that works good cheep seat covers and it should get looked after.
if its a low milage once a week backup car deal then anything will do.
replacement parts made of ( to quote Al's description) Unobtainium.
A 16-20 yr old kid be it male or female can break an Abrams M1A1,,,,,EASY
and wives-grand parents-and other important family members.

the early nissan is just too much maintanece as a daily driver.
late model engines and drivline will help but then why not buy a late model vehicle.
WCJR31 Skyline.3.0 manual.wagon
R31 SKYLINE/Passage GT/PINTARA
LPG Ford Falcon 99-06 93 Disco
Local Shire Southern Zone Mechanic.
REDNECK

Post by REDNECK »

I could get her a newer vehical but, I need a project and have 2 of them in the driveway,......I look back at what i had and my friends had when we were young, i drove a 68 GMC truck that i restored with my dad and regretfully sold due to gas prices and starting a family, my brother a 73 nova ss, sold family started did not fit the bill anymore, I have 2 completly car crazy uncles, 55 210, 55truck, 67 chevell, 32 coupe, ....I want a cool import to add to the show's,.........all are daily drivers, no trailer qweens in our family.

I'm just having trouble on wich to build,......and it looks like the festy might be the winner as, I asked my daughter what SHE wanted, she told me I already have a uniqe and scarce nissan(my truck), that she is sure she will get!! She know's I love my little truck, even if it's not new.

I think with a b6t mototr in the festy, and some cool paint, it might be .......acceptable. The big thing with the truck is...........man they are sooo cool slammed and turbocharged,.........
87 D21,SD25.