LD28 Front cover gasket

Discuss (and cuss) the Nissan LD-series OHC Six diesel engine, popularly available in the US in 1981-83 Datsun/Nissan Maxima Sedans & Wagons.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

JasperG

LD28 Front cover gasket

Post by JasperG »

Anyone have a part number or location where i can get a new front cover gasket for my LD28? I am going to rebuild the motor myself (sans machine work) and I cant seem to find one. Thanks Gordo
windsock

Re: LD28 Front cover gasket

Post by windsock »

JasperG wrote:Anyone have a part number or location where i can get a new front cover gasket for my LD28? I am going to rebuild the motor myself (sans machine work) and I cant seem to find one. Thanks Gordo
Hiya JasperG,

Have you found one yet?

Front cover? Do you mean this one?

See the website I recently found (http://www.nzgaskets.co.nz/catalogue/En ... ineID=1574). They may be of some assistance to you.

Cheers

Phil
Good roads lead to bad fishing.
JasperG

Post by JasperG »

Thanks a bunch. I like your Landy. My LD28 is going into a rover hybrid build myself. A 96 Discovery frame, series2 body, etc. I gave up on the gasket as I cant seem to find many parts for this old girl and ended up having to use the old pistons ( I did find new rings though). I hated honing the cylinders with the crank in place, but so be it. I got a new used head for it luckily as mine was corroded really bad (thanks Ray from the board), got new valves, guides and seals if needed too, new headgasket and rod bearings. Going to be more of a freshen up than a rebuild I guess. Of course today I see a 500 dollar complete running car on craigslist...oh well Im in it now. I did email him though...never know if he gets desperate and I have an extra adapter plate! Gordo
JasperG

Post by JasperG »

Thanks a bunch. I like your Landy. My LD28 is going into a rover hybrid build myself. A 96 Discovery frame, series2 body, etc. I gave up on the gasket as I cant seem to find many parts for this old girl and ended up having to use the old pistons ( I did find new rings though). I hated honing the cylinders with the crank in place, but so be it. I got a new used head for it luckily as mine was corroded really bad (thanks Ray from the board), got new valves, guides and seals if needed too, new headgasket and rod bearings. Going to be more of a freshen up than a rebuild I guess. Of course today I see a 500 dollar complete running car on craigslist...oh well Im in it now. I did email him though...never know if he gets desperate and I have an extra adapter plate! Gordo
83_maxima

Post by 83_maxima »

I just replaced this and was told that I got one of the last 2 in the country. These LD28 specific parts are becoming more and more scarce. Your Nissan dealer is your best friend regarding these parts.
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Would this work with something like "Form-a-Gasket" or some other gasket in tube?

Rufus
82 Maxima wagon
davehoos

Post by davehoos »

gasket paper and wad punch.

recently been frustrated with form a gasket product.
didnt set-stayed sticky and leaked coolant.

i like the gasket maker that comes in several colours from genuine parts.
I was at the nissan dealer the other day and they had a getting ready for summer--how to service a SR20-GA16 cooling system.these dont use gaskets just a measured bead that left to set.
WCJR31 Skyline.3.0 manual.wagon
R31 SKYLINE/Passage GT/PINTARA
LPG Ford Falcon 99-06 93 Disco
Local Shire Southern Zone Mechanic.