82 sd 22 swap in to 85 or 95 ??

SD diesels were widely available in the US in the 1981-86 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickups, and in Canada through '87 in the D21 pickup.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

ratsun

82 sd 22 swap in to 85 or 95 ??

Post by ratsun »

Hello 1st off I'm new to this fourm stuff been reading stuff on here for a year since I became a datsun diesel owner. So how do I post pics I clicked on img and it sent img to where I type ?? Anyways I have a 82 kc sd 22 I bought it knowing about the rust in the floor pan but when I put on the body lift it went stright through the cab funny ( lift cuz I got 27" mudders I hunt a lot out of it) so its past patching the pan. I found two nissans close to me a 85 kc 2wd for 300 bad motor no rust ugly tho and a 95 kc 2wd good shape no rust says blown head gasket so I wanna know what I need to do to put my sd 22 in the 95 and can I keep the tranny in the 85 if I go with that ? [/img]
Rollin coal in the rusted RATsun
sidevalve

Post by sidevalve »

It's been covered, search posts.
!987 toyota 2wd pick-up with a SD22 from a 82 720.
sidevalve

Post by sidevalve »

It's been covered, search posts.
!987 toyota 2wd pick-up with a SD22 from a 82 720.
greyfoxxca

diesel into gas truck

Post by greyfoxxca »

ratsun
it has been done many times including myself. You have weld some for engine mounts. Also you tranny will have to be used/or bellhousing at least.

I fixed up a 4x4 to diesel but did not get a real straight truck to begin with. BIG mistake. Get the cleanest and best truck to begin with. When you are finished you will have something to be proud of for years.
George