LD28 Engines, flywheels - KEEPING ALL - Rebuilding LD28

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

RAVC1

LD28 Engines, flywheels - KEEPING ALL - Rebuilding LD28

Post by RAVC1 »

I have two LD28 engines and have decided to sell them. One is complete in the sense that I removed it from a vehicle in a salvage yard so I also took the aluminum air filter box, starter, alternator/vacuum pump, injection pump, etc. I know I have the glow plug electronics and complete induction system and exhaust manifold. This engine has the complete accessory drive (AC, power steering, etc.).

My second engine is best regarded as a parts engine because the intake is a little damaged. The IP, intake and exhaust manifolds are with this engine as well. I recently disassembled this engine and had the crank cleaned and polished; the head is complete and in my basement. The measurements on the crank are as if it were new and unused. The pistons look just as good.

My cost for both of these engines was $900; $400 for the parts engine, $500 for the complete engine. My flywheels were recent purchases and cost me $60 and $120. I will sell individual engines but I prefer not to part out the parts engine because it is more than a complete long block and it is clear it is in good internal condition.

Rick
Last edited by RAVC1 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
AWDSOME

Crankshaft

Post by AWDSOME »

Are your engines still for sale, and if so, would you be willing to part out the parts engine? I know you said you would prefer not to do this, but I'm extremely interested in the V07 LD28 crank assuming it's in good shape. If you're not willing to part out, would it be possible to buy just the crank for your asking price, or a reasonable offer?

Thanks in advance,
Cole
dvdmynhnz

Any chance you still have this engine for sale?

Post by dvdmynhnz »

I'll be traveling through your area in the next month or so. I'm interested in purchasing your engine if it's still available.
Thanks, David
David
dvdmynhnz

Still for sale?

Post by dvdmynhnz »

Are either of your engines still for sale?
David