WTB: front calipers or slide pin bolts 82 910

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

DMS

WTB: front calipers or slide pin bolts 82 910

Post by DMS »

I need a set of caliper slide pin bolts. I have checked and they are different than S130... The S130 actually uses larger ones! Short of making some bump steer spacer/adapters to adapt over the entire S130 strut into the car, does anyone happen to have a spare set of slide pins in good shape... or a set of extra calipers... I tried the local autoparts places and not one of them can even order calipers! The clunking of the front calipers is worrisome... Id really like to get them replaced and this is on my daily driver that I transport the kids in!

Please name you price(I can pay via paypal) and shipping costs...

I am located in Salinas Ca.

Al, You wouldnt happen to have an extra set randomly? I know I ended up with most of your spare parts already...

Thanks guys!

Ray
831-402-5387
Ray
asavage
Site Admin

Re: WTB: front calipers or slide pin bolts 82 910

Post by asavage »

The parts '81 Wagon probably has some, but Mark Hartz wants to keep them for his '83 Sedan. That's all I have in brakes.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
DMS

Re: WTB: front calipers or slide pin bolts 82 910

Post by DMS »

A gentleman by the name of Wayne Reed emailed me and found me some replacement caliper pins on Rockauto. I had searched there and come up empty handed. I ordered a set for now, but I am seriously looking into another option.

Im talking with TechnoToyTuning who has been working with me to make parts for the 910, so far we have front coil overs, camber plates, and tension rods, which are all on my blue wagon.
I am looking into roll center spacers(bump steer spacers) that convert the large 910/s12 steering arm boss to the smaller 510/s130 strut boss, allowing the 910 to accept S130 struts with the larger brakes and more brake options. The S130 uses the same offset for the wheel hub as the 910, but the brakes are obviously different and sit on the hub in a different spot... so does the caliper. By switching it out to the S130, with all the aftermarket support I can put bigger better brake options on and not worry about replacement parts. I have looked into other options, as the Infiniti M30 struts and Z31 struts will all bolt onto the 910 steering arm, but they all change the wheel offset! The M30 will accept Q45 brakes and the early Z31 4 lug hubs, while the Z31 will accept Z32 TT brakes.

http://www.silverminemotors.com/nissan/ ... ssan-280zx
http://www.arizonazcar.com/510brakes.html
http://datsunpartsllc.com/cart/index.ph ... &parent=11

just to list a few options...
Ray