Techy DIESEL motorcycle

Ongoing discussion of anything not related to Nissans or diesels.

Moderators: goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

philip
Deceased

Techy DIESEL motorcycle

Post by philip »

-Philip
Passed 08May2008
My friend, you are missed . . .

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

"Im slow and I'm ahead of you"
TooManyIdeas

Post by TooManyIdeas »

I've been doing some research on this subject. Check these guys out, and they're more local. http://www.dieselmotorcycles.com/
82 Datsun 720 King Cab Diesel - FOR SALE !!!!
85 Chevy Monte Carlo CL
90 Toyota Pickup -SOLD
05 Kia Spectra 5
02 Dodge Dakota Quadcab
-OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YEAH!!!!!
philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

TooManyIdeas wrote:I've been doing some research on this subject. Check these guys out, and they're more local. http://www.dieselmotorcycles.com/
We (friend and I) were given a tour of the "operation" 2 yrs ago out in Hesperia. The Heritage Edition was some 6 months away at that time for sale to the public. Never happened for a variety of reasons (gov contracts take precidence). The HDT engine has almost nothing (parts-wise) in common with the Kawasaki KLR it was derived from.
-Philip
Passed 08May2008

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

AStevens

Post by AStevens »

I'd like to get a ride on one and see how it does on trails. If things keep going the way they are, civilian production models could be delayed for a loooong time.
'81 KC 720 Diesel - JN6SD06SXBW009226
Future BioDiesel Beast - too ugly to get stolen
03 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon 5spd (wife's new ride)
philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

AStevens wrote:I'd like to get a ride on one and see how it does on trails. If things keep going the way they are, civilian production models could be delayed for a loooong time.
AStevens (and others): Take at so MANY -diesel- motorcycles here! Fastinates!!

http://www.dieselbike.net/
-Philip
Passed 08May2008

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

AStevens

Post by AStevens »

Interesting site, but I've gots to have somethin' that'll go in the dirt! :lol:
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

AStevens wrote:that'll go in the dirt!
Good photography, there. Looks a bit like trials, rather than enduro? My off-road was a long time ago, but I used to compete -- sorta -- in 125cc class enduro. More like poker runs, actually. Had a lot of fun. Wish I had pictures, but only this one. That was a loooong time ago. I'm the younger one. That is a Hodaka Combat Wombat 125, which I worked an entire summer to buy in the year of our bicentennial; it had sat unsold for three years by then. I put a lot of offroad miles on that one.

I haven't been on a 'bike in six years now. I have a hankering for another CX500 or maybe a CX650? Or an old Silverwing. I don't know, I've survived two bad accidents, I don't know about a third one. And my hands go numb now after ten minutes of riding, it's a nerve thing. Not as much fun as it used to be.
philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

asavage wrote:SNIP- I haven't been on a 'bike in six years now. I have a hankering for another CX500 or maybe a CX650? Or an old Silverwing. I don't know, I've survived two bad accidents, I don't know about a third one. And my hands go numb now after ten minutes of riding, it's a nerve thing. Not as much fun as it used to be.
At home, I still have my little Honda CB1-400f, 1990. Was sold for only 2 years back then. Fun but for my problems. (whew).

About your numb ... do you also have Raynaud Syndroms? I do for past 8 yrs.
-Philip
Passed 08May2008

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

AStevens

Post by AStevens »

It's desert hare scrambles, qualifier, and enduro type stuff. That was a photo from the last race just north of here in Mammoth, AZ.

Great pics of that old Hodaka. I saw the insignia on that chrome tank and remember looking at those bikes with awe when I was a kid.

Al, do you have problems with arm pump, or is it carpal tunnel type stuff? There's a good bit of stuff that happens when gripping the bars (arm pump) and I think that it's tough for most people to figure out. Forearm muscles can cause lots of funky stuff to happen. My dad had both wrists cut on, but noone addressed the tension in his forearm muscles. Of course, if I fix it, the insurance companies won't buy your doctor a new boat. :shock: