Stolen!! My flatbed is missing.

This is where we can post about our rigs, specs, ongoing plans, etc., links to pics.

Moderators: goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

EvergreenSD

Stolen!! My flatbed is missing.

Post by EvergreenSD »

Hi everybody,

I have been meaning to post some pictures here for some time now but this is certainly not the reason I wanted to be doing it. My truck was stolen out of my driveway last night. It is a very distinctive vehicle and we all know that these things don't grow on trees. I wanted to make the members of the board aware so that you can help keep an eye out for this truck or any parts they may try to sell of.

Last edited by EvergreenSD 17 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
'82 SD22 720 Kingcab with flatbed
kassim503

Post by kassim503 »

sorry to hear that, you are living my nightmare
'83 maxima sedan, l24e, a/t, black

227K SOLD 6/7/2012
TooManyIdeas

Post by TooManyIdeas »

:shock: People outside our circle want for these trucks?! WE"RE DOOMED!!!

I live in a part of Albuquerque where theft is pretty previlent. I've had things taken out of my truck, but no ones ever taken THE truck (even with the windows down and the key in the ignition) :oops: . That sucks dude. Do you have any leads?
82 Datsun 720 King Cab Diesel - FOR SALE !!!!
85 Chevy Monte Carlo CL
90 Toyota Pickup -SOLD
05 Kia Spectra 5
02 Dodge Dakota Quadcab
-OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YEAH!!!!!
EvergreenSD

Post by EvergreenSD »

Thanks for the support guys. I got it back this weekend. I guess they didn't like the paint scheme though, they spray painted black over the wheels and the side of the bed. They also took my bed rails which is a pita. I'm guessing they just "borrowed" it because they had something big they wanted to steal. I got myself a big can of orange paint so it's on the road to recovery. I'm painting more stuff orange this time now that I know it's offensive to tweakers.
'82 SD22 720 Kingcab with flatbed
redmondjp

Post by redmondjp »

That's great news! :D :D :D

Well, you know those bozos were just smart enough to realize that the cops would be looking for a stolen vehicle with ORANGE wheels!
I'm painting more stuff orange this time now that I know it's offensive to tweakers.
I like you way of thinking! The best theft deterrent is to make them not want it in the first place (or at least think they don't want it :wink: ).
philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

EvergreenSD wrote:Thanks for the support guys. I got it back this weekend. -SNIP- I'm painting more stuff orange this time now that I know it's offensive to tweakers.
I'd guess your thief(s) is a pot farmer. Oregon is well known for that.
-Philip
Passed 08May2008
My friend, you are missed . . .

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

"Im slow and I'm ahead of you"