should i??

Dealing with all subsystems specific to the diesel powered Datsun-Nissan 720 pickup trucks.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

mustangwally

should i??

Post by mustangwally »

have run across a couple of diesel 720s latey, not cheap but mostly complete trucks in rusty to fair shape. should i be buying them and start collecting parts? i love my little diesel, sometimes frustratig with getting parts. just wondering how many extra parts everyone else has, and what parts should i be looking for
Manitoba, CANADA

1984 720 2wd diesel
1985 720 4wd gas
1986 720 2wd gas
plenzen

Post by plenzen »

Spare trans is a good thing to have as well as a spare eng. ( complete )
I would like to find some of those spares myself. A spare SD25 and the trans from the SD25 D21 is something that I am looking for. There is a guy here that lives in Bug Tussle that has one that just sits there and rots and he wont part with it. Says he's going to turn it into a veggie burner but in the last 3 years the weeds have just got higher and the rust a bit more dramatic. :(
If the price is "reasonable", collecting bits and pieces from these little guys is a good thing and you will be able to get rid of a lot of them through this forum. Sadly, the shipping from the Great White North is kind of a bummer. That being said, if someone NEEDS a piece then the shipping is not of a concern.

FWIW :P

Pauly
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN