Wanted: Maxima Wagon "GOON"

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

DMS

Wanted: Maxima Wagon "GOON"

Post by DMS »

:D

Hey guys,

I got my wife to okay another car in the drive and a budget to spend.
Im looking for a DD. My 2 options
early-late 80's 318i BMW
or
82-83 Maxima diesel prefer wagon

You guys cant help me with the BMW and I dont think you would want to. I prefer the Maxima anyway. A Maxima just came up for sale here in Sacramento but while I was waiting for the fellow to send me more pictures and set up a time to come see it, it was sold.

It needs to be a good runner with a good transmission. I am not a fan of rust, but I guess I cant be to picky. I am located in Sacramento Ca. but I might be willing to drive/fly to pick up a good wagon at the right price. I have family in Cove Or. and it would give us the excuse to visit them.

Let me know what you have. Again I prefer a Wagon, but if a good Sedan pops up Ill probably bite. Let me know condition. Pictures are always great.

831-402-5387 or email through this thread.

Thanks guys

Ray
Ray
DMS

Post by DMS »

BTW:

I have spoken to Barbara about her Wagon in the Seattle area. Her car sounds like it is in very good shape and her price reflects the personal value she holds on the car. Sounds like a great car, but she is doubtful she will sell it.

I have also seen the Wagon in the LA area on CL. It needs a tail gate, but really does not have any pictures of interest.
"needs rear tailgate , runs , 6 cyl diesel ,tagged automatic. good mpg
david 951.922.1762 7-9am or 6-10 pm. "

Im going to call his number tonight and see what he says.
Ray
JasperG

Post by JasperG »

Good luck Ray, BTW that head I got from you is in amazing shape. I went through all the tests in the service manual and it was good to go . I do need a water pump pulley so PM me if you have one lying around. Gordo
DMS

Post by DMS »

Glad to hear that.

That head came off my LD hybrid if I remember correctly. Very hard to kill one of these heads. Ive seen them burn exhaust valves. Seems the Rod bolts are the week link if any.

Glad to see its being put to good use.

I called that guy down south of me. He doesnt have any specifics on the wagon other than it runs. No history or anything.

I just purchased Al's wagon. Its paid in full and I covered some of his Delivery costs. I should be meeting up with him this Saturday to transfer his baby to a new loving family.
Ray
JasperG

Post by JasperG »

Very cool Ray. Enjoy the new baby!!!! Gordo