Don't know where the tubes from Kiki should go :-(

SD diesels were widely available in the US in the 1981-86 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickups, and in Canada through '87 in the D21 pickup.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

DrJones

Don't know where the tubes from Kiki should go :-(

Post by DrJones »

Hi, Iam implanting a SD25 into my SWB jeep. Need to know the purpose of these 2 tubes from the Kiki pump. I know one is connected to the air intake to open a butterfly. What is the other tube for and where is it supposed to be connected. What about the second butterfly? how does it open up. Thanks.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1146916185 ... 5093073890

P.S- The pic shows two temporary rubber tubes, one goes into the butterfly just below the air filter, the other? By the Iam planning to fix K&N air filter.
plenzen

Post by plenzen »

Good Day

I have not seen that option on any of the SD25's here in Canada and the SD22's had a different set up with altitude compensator etc.
Maybe one of the Ausi or Kiwi guys can suggest something.
I have the VE style pump on my SD so I am not much help to you.

Paul
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
DrJones

Post by DrJones »

[quote="plenzen"]Good Day

I have not seen that option on any of the SD25's here in Canada and the SD22's had a different set up with altitude compensator etc.
Maybe one of the Ausi or Kiwi guys can suggest something.
I have the VE style pump on my SD so I am not much help to you.

Paul[/

Thanks a lot Paul. Got a bit of information. One tube goes to the throttle shutter, other to the air inlet. Hope this is correct.
Dr.Jones
ecomike

Post by ecomike »

Both go to the throttle body, but on opposite sides of the Throttle plate. The top one may actually go the air tube between the throttle body and the air filter assy IIRC? Not sure which is top and bottom, but if you get them on the wrong side It should be obvious very quickly, LOL!

The differential absolute air pressure on each line across the throttle plate, operates a leather diaphragm in the Kiki body. Some of the old threads here on the SD-22 Kiki pump should show the details.
Regards,

Mike

1985 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer, 2WD, retrofitted with SD-22 & 5 spd manual trans, a 4X4 Gas Wagoneer ltd. (XJ) Jeep, 4.0 L w/ AW4 auto, and now 2 spare 2wd Jeeps, 87 & 89.
ecomike

Post by ecomike »

OK, looking at the pictures you posted, the rear most line, on the rear of the injector, which is also the bottom metal line goes to the engine side of the Throttle body, the top metal line goes to the air filter metal inlet housing.
Regards,

Mike

1985 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer, 2WD, retrofitted with SD-22 & 5 spd manual trans, a 4X4 Gas Wagoneer ltd. (XJ) Jeep, 4.0 L w/ AW4 auto, and now 2 spare 2wd Jeeps, 87 & 89.