Kiki pump oil flow

SD diesels were widely available in the US in the 1981-86 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickups, and in Canada through '87 in the D21 pickup.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

cseger1

Kiki pump oil flow

Post by cseger1 »

I am putting my motor back together and all the various lines and hoses are off and I am trying to figure out the Kiki. I have the fuel in, and of course each cyl feeder line. I got the two vacuum lines sorted out. ANd I have the oil line that goes from the block into the banjo bolt on the side of the pump, lubricating the pump.

My question is, where is the oil return line?
Christian
1981 720 SD22
Nissan_Ranger

Post by Nissan_Ranger »

Oil drains out through the front of the pump back into the crankcase...
The old 'six gun' was as popular as the cell phone in its time and just as annoying when it went off in the Theater.
cseger1

Post by cseger1 »

So there's a port that drains oil into the area with the timing gears?
Christian
1981 720 SD22
cseger1

Post by cseger1 »

Nissan_Ranger wrote:Oil drains out through the front of the pump back into the crankcase...
Ah yes, I just looked at my scrap heap motor. It drains through the little ports by the shaft eh?
Christian
1981 720 SD22
Nissan_Ranger

Post by Nissan_Ranger »

:-)
The old 'six gun' was as popular as the cell phone in its time and just as annoying when it went off in the Theater.
ecomike

Post by ecomike »

I suspected that, but did not know for sure. Glad you got the answer. How is the project coming?
Regards,

Mike

1985 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer, 2WD, retrofitted with SD-22 & 5 spd manual trans, a 4X4 Gas Wagoneer ltd. (XJ) Jeep, 4.0 L w/ AW4 auto, and now 2 spare 2wd Jeeps, 87 & 89.
cseger1

Post by cseger1 »

ecomike wrote:I suspected that, but did not know for sure. Glad you got the answer. How is the project coming?
Moving, but slowly. The Volvo had an exhaust leak that turned out to be three missing bolts and one missing stud on the manifold. Which I tuned into no missing bolts and one totally stripped out stud hole in the block. Yay aluminum!. Heli-coil time in the tightest motor compartment known to man. I may be back on the SD22 in a day or two.
Christian
1981 720 SD22