I need a SD22 cylinder head?

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

RB26DevilZ

I need a SD22 cylinder head?

Post by RB26DevilZ »

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I'm looking for a SD22 cylinder head, thanks!
charmalu

Post by charmalu »

Where are you located in Calif.?

There was an 82 in the PNP yard in Newark on the Mowery yard, didn`t have time to pull parts, was about closing time. went back and some inconsiderate person pulled the eng/trans. :>((. as rusty and beat up looking it was really didn`t think it would be touched.

sign up on http://www.row52.com and you will be notified when the vehicle you are looking for comes in. even shows the VIN#.

I post some I find on CL and E-bay in the Peddle or Procure part of the Forum.

Charlie
82 Datsun KC 483K lost #2 cyl blowing blue smoke :cry:
83 Nissan LB 134K SD-25 as of 10-21-13
78 240D Mercedes $300 Parts?
80 240D 360K
80 240D Parts? $750
82 240D Parts? $440
84 300SD 270K
85 300D 363K
86 Ford F250 6.9 Diesel 221K
RB26DevilZ

Post by RB26DevilZ »

I took that engine, bought it when they had the 50% sale but engine/tranny was only 20% off, PNP employee charged me for a gas engine! I took all the extra parts that it had in the back of the truck, like the extra IP, valve rockers, valve cover, injectors, fuel rail, air cleaner nuts, bolts and all the rest of the parts that were in a bucket that were worth taking. I complained that it was missing the camshaft from the head, so they gave me a break on the price. In the end not bad for a complete SD22 diesel with extra parts for $195 out the door! I also gave them an old Datsun long block that threw a couple pistons and destroyed the head and was rusted solid, with a tranny that didn't shift in 2nd or 3rd anymore for cores! Went home sprayed the cylinder bores through glow plug holes with penetrating oil, assembled some missing parts back together, made sure everything turned smoothly and it fired up and ran a little. Now I took it apart to freshen it up with new gaskets and bearing, and thought that the head was cracked because piston tops were super clean with no carbon build up, and 2 cylinders had a little bit of water in them, so I had the head thermo cleaned and sand blasted, and NO CRACKS, just a blown head gasket! Oh by the way I live in Soledad CA, thanks for the response