wanted: reliable kingcab. have 98 Jetta TDI for trade.

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

phyllisvanilla

wanted: reliable kingcab. have 98 Jetta TDI for trade.

Post by phyllisvanilla »

Hi there I'm looking for a reliable Nissan/Datsun kingcab. Willing to buy, or trade: I have a 98 VW Jetta TDI I'm looking to sell (description posted below)...

98 TDI diesel VW Jetta, manual; 220,000 miles. New turbo, new starter, new tires. Gets 43 mpg. Dark green, some dents in back passenger door & body near left headlight. Sun-roof does not work. This car has been my main form of transportation for many years, and has been very reliable, though it has a hard time starting on very cold days in the winter (I've yet to buy a block heater for it). I am thinking of selling it or trading it because it's been leaking from the fuel injection pump; I went out of town for a week & left it parked facing uphill, and now it won't start up - the pump is clogged and/or the seals are so corroded they won't hold a vaccuum. I'm looking into options for re-building the pump, but I'm still not sure if I want to put the time/energy/money into fixing it since I've been wanting to get a truck anyway. I'm looking for a 4-cylinder diesel pickup
waynosworld

Post by waynosworld »

It would likely help to know your location/the area you live.
I know the voices are not real,
but they have some really good ideas.
phyllisvanilla

Post by phyllisvanilla »

yea, forgot that bit of important information.. I'm in Asheville, North Carolina.
phyllisvanilla

Post by phyllisvanilla »

I'm going ahead and getting the fuel injection pump rebuilt on the Jetta. I should probably re-post this after it's fixed and on the road again.
dn29626

Post by dn29626 »

Check craigslist (you probably already do). 720 diesels are listed in NC occasionally.
82 King Cab 2wd (nice)
82 Reg Cab (body damage)
Anderson , SC
Since Fall 2009