New Member/ SD22 in a Willis

This is where we can post about our rigs, specs, ongoing plans, etc., links to pics.

Moderators: goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

Billysgoat

New Member/ SD22 in a Willis

Post by Billysgoat »

Howdy folks, new to the Nissan diesel world, kinda :D Used to have a 1980 IH Scout II with the SD33 I-6 till a rod departed the side of the block :cry: Loved that truck. Anyway, now I have the truck in my sig that's had about everything done to it you can imagine so wrenching on diesels is not new to me by any means.

I just picked up a SD22 motor, mating trans with 5th gone (suprise, suprise LOL ) and two Truck bodies for a nice price. As soon as I get back home all those pieces and parts are going to be stuffed into a 1950 Willis pickup.

So far here's the plan, ya'll please tell me where you think I'm going wrong/right or if I'm just plain nuts.

Engine will be the aforementioned SD22, tranny I'm not real certain on, kinda thinking about having a bell housing made and using a 5 or 6 speed manual out of either a camaro or mustang since both came with removable bellhousing trannies. The rest of the driveline will most likely be a divorced T-case running to a set of GM 10 bolt axles with 3.73 gears and 31" tires. I think that will put the motor in the 2k range @ 65-70mph.

So far about all I have been able to do is look around a bit and scratch my head, found this great looking little site so I joined up to see what ya'll might have to offer in the way of info. I'm certain that as I get into the nuts and bolts questions will arise, so expect a few :D

Later,

Billy
01 Dodge, (Cummins of course) 350HP daily driver

Planned project: 1950 Willis PU with SD22