d-21 with sd25 No brakes

Dealing with all subsystems specific to the diesel powered Datsun-Nissan 720 pickup trucks.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

seasemesnap

d-21 with sd25 No brakes

Post by seasemesnap »

I'm hoping its not a rotten line under the tank which is a mess of rust.
The system did leak so i just kept adding fluid now i noticed the interval went short when the resiviour emptied fast.
The alternator has an oil pump that feeds into booster . I noticed some fresh fluid under the resiviour canister .Can i get replacement seals for a rebuild kit for master? or perhaps use a toyota o ring . There is no pressure in system.
Ive had prob before hbreaking the caliper bolts off the front major pain extracting broken bolt and replacing the backing bracket.
The frame has arotten rear crossmember and left crack in rear rail in between the leaf spring.
The truck has a cracked windshield and leaks oil and i think fuel leak .
Probably cheaper to find another chassis donor truck v6 model ,As i do not see any with this motor the diesel has 270,000 .
I have a spare sd moter , tranny wiring i pulled from a 720 with only 30,000 k
I would hate to get rid of this rare breed but it is not road safe would love to mod a toyota vehicle to run this drive train making it 2 wheel drive .
40 year old import loving adolesent.
dn29626

Post by dn29626 »

I am weighing in only to say, i wish you luck.
82 King Cab 2wd (nice)
82 Reg Cab (body damage)
Anderson , SC
Since Fall 2009
seasemesnap

Post by seasemesnap »

Turns out it was rear clyinders leaking fluid into the rear drums ,i replaced the master cylinder aswell . Truck Is fixed And i have some channel railing that is exact width of frame rails so i will re enforce .I ended up getting new exaust for 300 and it purrs like a kitten.
Then the only other saftey issue is windshield.which i want to remedy before it gives a law man an excuse to pull me over .
The truck runs so good i made a video that i am going to post on you tube 'in about a week check videos by seasemesnap.
40 year old import loving adolesent.