Volvo weatherstripping

Dealing with all subsystems specific to the diesel powered Datsun-Nissan 720 pickup trucks.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

Knugcab

Volvo weatherstripping

Post by Knugcab »

I don't know if it may be easier to get parts for the 720 in the USA, in Sweden it is almost impossible though.....

I had a problem with the weatherstripping around the door opening (not on the door), the rubber part came loose and was hanging into the cab, not only was it worthless as weatherstripping but I was also tired of grabbing it all the time when trying to reach for the seatbelt...

I found out that the shape and size of 1st gen Volvo S70/V70 doors was almost identical, and they use the same kind of weatherstripping, but with thicker rubber (so if anything, it will seal better). I just had to trim them at the bottom, and cut away the seal at the same places as it is cut at the 720 (Volvo has seals around the whole door opening while it seems like the 720 has only around the side window).

A little bit more effort required to close the door, but not impossible.

Probably Volvo 850 rubber might work as well since you can use S/V70 doors on an 850.....but I can't guarantee that.
plenzen

Re: Volvo weatherstripping

Post by plenzen »

Ahhh ??????? hmmm?????? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Get your forums mixed up perhaps ?
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
Knugcab

Post by Knugcab »

Nah, it was just a tip for what might be used as a replacement on a 720 with bad weatherstripping, don't know if it is hard to get those parts in the US, at least for me it was easier to rip it out of a junked Volvo.... :mrgreen:
I see lots of other non engine-related 720 topics in this forum, but I still wasn't sure if this was allowed here so I posted it anyway as it might help some 720 owner, but sure, if it is not an allowed topic I apologize, and it is free to remove the thread of course.
plenzen

Post by plenzen »

That's OK.
Could have probably put it in the Off Topic forum might have been a better spot for it.

Maybe a moderator will move it to there, or, just leave it here, or ???????????

But thanks for sharing the info.
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN