Plensen I have a fault with my IP and haver no manual.

Dealing with all subsystems specific to the diesel powered Datsun-Nissan 720 pickup trucks.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

Highway Man

Plensen I have a fault with my IP and haver no manual.

Post by Highway Man »

after messing about servicing and replacing my Warmers and finding I have four different warmers in my Ute and have ordered a complete new set from Queensland, so replaced the old ones
to tide me over and on completion I fired her up and noticed I have a massive fuel leak from the IP about half way from the front, and between the Engine Block and the IP body "i think",
I have now bought a Workshop Manual from another chap also in Queensland, and am awaiting this also!

The Leak showed up after I had used the Handpump on the Fuel Filter to clear any unwanted Air, and about then found the rather large leak, Now I do not want to strip the pump down
before I have the Manual in my Grubby little hands as my memory has given me a bad time lately!

Question:
Have you run into this in your past, and might be able to give me a clue, there is no way I could afford to replace the IP @ Sixteen Hundred Dollars here in Australia, are the any hidden Seals
I should look for, and the motor runs superbly after the other work I have complete!

Best Regards,

John Richards
"highway man"
Australia!
plenzen

Re: Plensen I have a fault with my IP and haver no manual.

Post by plenzen »

Diesel fuel pumps are pretty complex pieces of kit actually.
Rebuilding them is an industry unto itself using clean rooms, air filtration etc.
Not really the kind of thing you want to tear into on your gravel driveway.
But
That's one man's opinion.
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN