SD33 to pickup swap

Vehicles powered by Nissan six-cylinder SD diesel engines.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

Tim Toberer

SD33 to pickup swap

Post by Tim Toberer »

hi, im sure this has been talked about before but I was wondering how possible it would be to swap an sd 33 into an 87 nissan pickup.I really would like a diesel that was comparable to the v6 gas engine in power. if this wouldnt work does anyone know of an engine that mght work? Tim
dieselscout80

Post by dieselscout80 »

Lok and see if you can add another 1/2 of a SD22 in the engine bay. I'd bet no.

IIRC the SD33 is about 32" from water pump to the back of the block.
Diesel Scout
Kolatogari

Post by Kolatogari »

well, everything is possable. just depends how mutch money and time you got.
my friend put nissan 3,3 marine engine in his '78 wagoneer, so you just have to mix it with the gearbox, and new motor mounts.
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

A '78 Wagoneer was designed to accommodate a straight Six; the '87 Nissan D21 was not!
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
Kolatogari

Post by Kolatogari »

asavage wrote:A '78 Wagoneer was designed to accommodate a straight Six; the '87 Nissan D21 was not!
My point was, If he enuff time and tools he can make it happend. You can cut from the wall in the engine bay. then you have to move the motor, and the gerabox a little bit back. this way the engine will be a little bit in the cars cab, and you might have to chance the dashboard. this was done to Land Rover Defnder, when they put 5,9 cummins in him.