SD33 Fuel delivery rate?

Vehicles powered by Nissan six-cylinder SD diesel engines.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

dyepro

SD33 Fuel delivery rate?

Post by dyepro »

Hi Guys,
I am trying to fit a floscan fuel flow meter to my sd33 motors in the boat.
They want to know the fuel flow rate that the pump flows at max rpm. I told them the fuel consumption rate but apparently that's not what they want.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Stef
plenzen

Post by plenzen »

I see your in Vancouver

Is that Vancouver Wa or Vancouver BC ?

If your in Vancouver BC call Fred Holmes Fuel Injection Service and tell them what your looking for. Give them the number from your pump.
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
dyepro

Post by dyepro »

Thanks so much for replying Pauly!
It seems that I am lost in fine details. Floscan wants this max flow rate ( not in any of my literature) and when I called Fred Holmes they said that they work with a testing flow that isn't the same thing......basically nobody wants to be responsible foe selling you the wrong thing. They had a set of specs for a chrysler/nissan M633 which I assume is a 6 cyl 3.3 maybe turboed engine??
It was rated 105hp.
With this info I was able to determine that the eBay deal was for the wrong (high flow) flow scan units. And I don't really have the extra $2k to spend on a new system.
All of this was to help manage a fuel economy question I have for my drive system. I'll post a new forum for that question.
plenzen

Post by plenzen »

They are the same engine.
Unless a turbo charger was added after market none of the marine/industrial 433's or 633's had them " out of the box" so to speak.

They went by a couple of names. CN633 or SD33 or M633.

If you look at the tag riveted to the LR of the valve cover (injector side) it will have the engine spec on there.

If you are in Vancouver BC ( which it appears you are ) and that is an original Vancouver boat and install, then that engine was very likely sold
( or came from ) Simpson Power Products.

I worked there from 1972 - 1977 and they were the Chrysler Marine / Nissan dealer for the area at the time.
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN