2.5 navara wont rev out

Other Nissan diesel engines and vehicles: TD/RD/YD/FD/UD etc.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

viper1

2.5 navara wont rev out

Post by viper1 »

hi everyone new to the forum need some help i got a 2008 nissan navara 2.5 turbo i did an oil and filter change on the engine drove it for about 6 miles then a light came on the dash and engine power was cut drastic i decided to check the oil first and noticed there was to much oil and realised i put in around a litre to much, i drain off the excess but the light is still on and the engine still will not rev out. any ideas anyone
davehoos

Post by davehoos »

What type of engine.??

D40 2.5 in europe 2.5 L YD25DDTi
also made in USA.

you need to work out what the light is on for and can you clear the code.
the loss of power is because the car is in limhome mode.

air intake has a sencor that may need cleaning------but if its the exaust or catalist these may requie replacment due to oil mixture damage.

these are not owner friendly cars.event the wrong oil or fuel can be serious.what did you have off when you changed the oil.
WCJR31 Skyline.3.0 manual.wagon
R31 SKYLINE/Passage GT/PINTARA
LPG Ford Falcon 99-06 93 Disco
Local Shire Southern Zone Mechanic.
Arnold90

Post by Arnold90 »

Its been a long time and two years has passed away since this topic was posted. I do apologize for the very late post here! My friend had experience with that before. His Nissan Navarra's engine got a problem while on the road. What he did was he went to the mechanic and ask what really happened. The mechanic discovered that there is a water inside the engine and the accelerator was affected by that that is why the mechanic told my friend that he really needs to replace it.
I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone. - Steven Wright