FD35 pump tuning - help please :)

Other Nissan diesel engines and vehicles: TD/RD/YD/FD/UD etc.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

shmaides99

FD35 pump tuning - help please :)

Post by shmaides99 »

Hi all,
I've bought an Landrover 90 with a Nissan FD35 in it. Generally its a decent engine, but i feel it needs tweaking up a little. Theres a little white smoke on start up, and no black smoke under throttle, so i was hoping to wind it up a little and see how she goes.
So how do i di it? There doesn't seem to be much help online. If anyone one can help then please share :)
Its an inline Kiki pump, its a NA engine, so no compensator on it.
Thanks guys.
Aidan.
Nissan_Ranger

Post by Nissan_Ranger »

The fact that you are asking this question indicates that you most likely shouldn't mess with it. Many of these engines have been ruined by owners who 'tweaked' them for a little more power. The amount of particulate carbon it takes to ruin the rings in these engines is barely visible under loading... I'd reconsider if I were you.

Good things you can do are to make sure the air induction system is in perfect condition, filters are clean, pump timing is right, and valves properly adjusted. That might give you the 'tweak' you are looking for.

N_R
The old 'six gun' was as popular as the cell phone in its time and just as annoying when it went off in the Theater.
manya

Post by manya »

Hey all,.
someone who doesn't know the engine code of an fd...its FD3S there chief...yes,i know i may be a F.N.G to nopistons.com, but not to 7's,.

Brisbane Metal Recyclers