FD35T vacuum solenoid stop switch ID problem

Other Nissan diesel engines and vehicles: TD/RD/YD/FD/UD etc.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

Sam Clark

FD35T vacuum solenoid stop switch ID problem

Post by Sam Clark »

Folks can you please help source a replacement vacuum solenoid stop switch for me. My FD35T fitted in my Landrover 110 won't stop on the key because the solenoid stop switch has broken and try and i might i have been unable to source a replacement. Does anyone have an FD35 or otherwise can help me with a part number. I think the condition I need is normally closed energised on.
Sincere thanks Sam
FD35T in my 1990 Landrover 110
Nissan_Ranger

Post by Nissan_Ranger »

Switches are described and shown in diagrams in their UN-energized state. A switch described as 'normally closed' ('nc' terminal on the switch) is in conductive state when NOT energized. So your description cannot be correct. I would presume that you want the switch to be normally open (i.e., when NOT energized) and closed (Conductive) when energized.

Any switch that needs to operate long term energized must have a solenoid capable of 100 percent duty cycle...

N_R
The old 'six gun' was as popular as the cell phone in its time and just as annoying when it went off in the Theater.
Sam Clark

Post by Sam Clark »

OK thanks, I do find the whole thing a bit confusing whilst being keen to learn more about my engine. I sought of assumed that any Nissan TD would shut off the same way and that i would be able to find a serviceable part easily - to date not so!
FD35T in my 1990 Landrover 110