Newbie from Ireland - Nissan Urvan E24

Other Nissan diesel engines and vehicles: TD/RD/YD/FD/UD etc.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

Urvan96

Newbie from Ireland - Nissan Urvan E24

Post by Urvan96 »

Hello, my name is Peter, from Limerick, Ireland. I drive a 1996 Urvan E24 fitted with the normally aspirated TD25 motor. I bought it in 2007 and used it for work, then started converting it to a camper van last year, still ongoing as a 'rolling' project, had already completed a trip to France and is going to the Normandy coast in France this June for the D-day 70'th celebrations. Wonderful machine, I never saw a diesel to start like that engine, hot or cold, even in the worst weather, it still has the battery that was in it when I got it nearly 7 years ago! Just a water pump & alternator was all it needed apart from normal consumables. I had to do some body repairs because these vans are badly painted/undersealed from new. The Urvan is a very rare sight now, those that haven't rotted have joined the other low-tech reliable stuff like the Hiaces and Isuzu Troopers on a one way trip to Africa. No wonder the London cabbies liked the TD engines - the Ford unit that replaced it in the later taxis cannot hold a candle to it as regards reliability. My van is even starting to gather some interest in camp sites and the odd classic car show now!
1996 Nissan Urvan E24
1998 K11 Micra
2001 K11 Micra
1977 Triumph Dolomite 1300
plenzen

Post by plenzen »

Great to hear from you Peter and welcome to the forum.

Perhaps load some photos of it as we all here like to look at "Old Reliable Things"
( take that anyway you like)

:D :wink:
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN