I have an orphaned CD 17 engine....

CD-powered vehicles, specifically the Sentra, but also retrofits and swaps.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

Pupfriend

I have an orphaned CD 17 engine....

Post by Pupfriend »

I bought a CD17 engine a while back and a gas Sentra with a blown engine. The trans wouldn't mate up. And, Odie, there wasn't a CD17 forum anywhere. I eventually traded the Sentra body for a wrecked Isuzu Pup diesel and some boot. A fellow close to St. Louis said he really needed the CD17 to fix up a car that had belonged to his dad. He said it was in the shop, waiting on parts. I sent the engine with a friend moving to Muscogee, OK. The guy in St. Louis calls back and says the repair shop parked his car out on the curb and the city eventually towed it away. So, if anyone needs this engine, it's now mid-continent....
Eddie
2 King-Cab SD20s
2 Reg. Cab SD20s
'86 Isuzu P'up
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Damn, that's a sad story. Wish I could think of a good home for the orphan engine.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
Pupfriend

Yep, it was also an education...

Post by Pupfriend »

Don't think I'll ever send an engine w/o $$ first again.. :(

However, it did start me down the Isuzu saga road which has been fun! Met some nice folks along the way.

Eddie
2 King-Cab SD20s
2 Reg. Cab SD20s
'86 Isuzu P'up
leadpaw

Post by leadpaw »

o wow, i would totally get it if it wasnt so far away... i bet shipping on the thing would be crazy.
1985 diesel sentra
fan of flux

Post by fan of flux »

Shipping would not be very high. I shipped a 3 cylinder John Deere diesel engine from from NC to NY. The trick is to ship it with a Dock-to-dock pick-up and deliver. IF the freight company does the pick-up and deliver, then its going to cost big time. My cost was around $165.
Scary_slow

Post by Scary_slow »

ANY chance you still have this engine? I am in need of it!
Jonasadams77

Re: I have an orphaned CD 17 engine....

Post by Jonasadams77 »

I really need this engine. If you still have it or know where one is I have a neighbor who is 90 years old and wants so badly to fix his tractor that is custom with the cd 17 engine for his Grandson before he dies ! Help!!!!