Sentra electric radiator fan wiring

CD-powered vehicles, specifically the Sentra, but also retrofits and swaps.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

asavage
Site Admin

Sentra electric radiator fan wiring

Post by asavage »

I'm bidding on a Sentra FSM, but until I get one, does someone have one? 1983-85 will do. I'd like a pic of the wiring diagram plus the schematic for just the electric radiator fan circuit. It appears that the sensor in the radiator tank toggles a relay -- somewhere.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
davehoos

Post by davehoos »

relay or fan timer module are always in the engine bay.

sentra is a sunny [B11?] and is different to australian pulsar [N12].

i have a manual for a stanza and it is a direct switch for water temp and parrallel relay for a/c.
WCJR31 Skyline.3.0 manual.wagon
R31 SKYLINE/Passage GT/PINTARA
LPG Ford Falcon 99-06 93 Disco
Local Shire Southern Zone Mechanic.
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

It appears that this Sentra (B11) does not have a direct switch setup, though I could be wrong.
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Al,

Just had a thought for finding that relay, and other such type of stuff. There are "Circuit Finders (or Tracers)" sold in the big box and other stores. If they have one where the detector can respond to signal using a proximity mode (don't have to have the probe contact the wire), maybe that would serve to locate mystery controls. Hook up the transmitter to the known end and start waving the sensing tip around... Sounds nice anyway. <g>

Rufus
82 Maxima wagon
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

I've been doing automotive electrical diagnostics for a looong time, Rufus, and I love the "as built" schematics. A "fox & hound" setup is nice for residential or maybe commercial wiring, but is not so much fun for automotive.

Anyway . . . I won the 1984 Sentra FSM, so I'll have the info I need soon. I was thinking that someone who had the FSM could get me that specific info so I could diagnose this system prior to my FSM arriving, but evidently others don't have the info or are not reading here.
leadpaw

Post by leadpaw »

on the 85 models its located on the firewall^ on 83 models i think it differs but im hoping this will give you a lead. p/s dont confuse it with the glow plug relays there are 2 of them one on the shock tower and one under the dropping resistor.
1985 diesel sentra
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

leadpaw wrote:. . . on 83 models i think it differs . . .
Yup, looks like it does . . .
(click on image for larger)

I've a FSM coming, as well as the rear motor mount, so I can't drive it right now anyway -- the FSM will clear this up. Meanwhile, Thanks!
asavage
Site Admin

Re: Sentra electric radiator fan wiring

Post by asavage »

asavage wrote:It appears that the sensor in the radiator tank toggles a relay -- somewhere.
I guessed wrong. At least for 1984: If the Sentra has no A/C, there is no relay for the radiator cooling fan. Ths FSM's wiring diagram is poor but clear. Unlike the Maxima FSM, there is no Schematic counterpart to the Wiring Diagram for this circuit. And no "With A/C" or "Without A/C" notation on the diagram they furnish.