High Mileage CD17 Sentra

CD-powered vehicles, specifically the Sentra, but also retrofits and swaps.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

Grub

High Mileage CD17 Sentra

Post by Grub »

Howdy folks,

I was looking for a diesel car for my 100k/day commute (km, yes, I'm in Canada), and found a 1985 Sentra diesel listed on craigslist. Went and checked it out, original owner had it for sale, was a recently retired diesel mechanic, car was complete with logs from day one, and the odometer was sporting... 874,000k.

I put a deposit down on the spot, and brought it home the next week. Love the car, runs like a top, gets about 50 mpg. Drove it 4800k from Vancouver BC to Cambridge ON on about $300, with avg fuel cost of around $1/liter (about $3.75/gal).

Had starting problems with the Ontario winter, but narrowed down the problem to the glow plug relay, working on sourcing one now. Little worried about the body now, they pave the roads in salt in Ontario in the winter... so close to a million km though, I hope to park it next winter and give it a little TLC.

It's currently showing almost 908000 on the odo. I've been told by several people that it might be worth contacting Nissan Canada about the car, as they had heard stories of people getting offers of new replacement cars from some manufacturers in exchange for high mileage (in particular million km) vehicles. However, I have no interest whatsoever in getting rid of this car, ever, as long as I can source parts for it and the body stays intact. If anyone has any knowledge/experience with this sort of thing I'd be interested in hearing about it.

It's not the prettiest Sentra out there, but I sure like it :)

New to the forum (and to posting in forums in general), but as soon as I have time, and figure out how to post pictures on here, I'll upload a few.

Cheers!
1985 Nissan Sentra
2S CD17 F5
907949 km
bmktw2

Post by bmktw2 »

daam
John612

Post by John612 »

Hi, john here. It's not that easy to find Diesel mechanics these days. I guess the number of mechanics is shrinking day by day, which is not a good sign. But we have a good number of experienced mechanics. If you need to get hire mechanics? Check out our site, we ensure round the clock services to our customers.

Diesel mechanic