CD20ETI in Nissan Largo oil feed to Turbo problem

CD-powered vehicles, specifically the Sentra, but also retrofits and swaps.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

jpms

CD20ETI in Nissan Largo oil feed to Turbo problem

Post by jpms »

:( Hi Im Joe, This might be a long story i need advise on ???. My Nissan Largo 1997 has the 2ltr turbo diesel engine.
I have just had a remanufactured engine fitted by Ideal Engines in Barking and what a mess up they made of it.

My problem is there is no oil feed for the Turbo and Air pump on the L/H side of the engine, I am looking for a schematic drawing of the oil flow round the engine.

I Have removed the Sump, Oil pump, & Oilfiter assembly, then tried an air line on the Orifice hole on the engine block , but its blocked and holds 100psi HELP. Joe
I am a retired Marine engineer, I use my Nissan Largo for towing the sidecar to shows and adventure travels.
cd20T

Post by cd20T »

There should be a factory y-fitting on the LHS of the engine. Perhaps, they simply plugged up the oil feed with a solid fitting? The thread for the oil feed should be 1/8 BSP.

Best would be to ask for the fitting back, and unplug the feed hole. Or you could get the factory y-fitting so you could get a source of pressurized oil for the vacuum pump and turbo. A third way would be to run new oil lines.
jpms

Largo oil fitting

Post by jpms »

Hi all fittings are there the y fitting but there no oil in the gallery on the L/H side ?? All I want to know is where does the left side gets oil from??? As it not the front of the engine ??? At rear or from the head ??? Regards Joe
I am a retired Marine engineer, I use my Nissan Largo for towing the sidecar to shows and adventure travels.
jpms

Largo oil feed problem

Post by jpms »

Hi I have thought of running new oil feed from the oil filter housing but not sure where to take the fitting from or to T into the oil sender outlet ????
cd20T

Post by cd20T »

I follow. The circuit for the turbo and vacuum pump is the same main circuit for the main bearings, and for the cylinder head. Just before this is the feed to the oil cooler, prior to that the oil filter and oil pump.

It sounds like the oil passage is blocked then that leads to the turbo and vacuum pump?
jpms

Largo oil problem

Post by jpms »

Thanks for info but it's not saying how the left side gets it oil feed on the gallery as the head and mains appear to be dead from right hand side first. As there are no passage way at the front only the pump at the front then to the oil filter etc etc I still need a schematic of the oil flow ????
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

I do not know if it is the case for the CD20T, but on other engines it is possible to incorrectly install a press-in bearing and block oil flow further on.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.