Part Number

Discuss (and cuss) the Nissan LD-series OHC Six diesel engine, popularly available in the US in 1981-83 Datsun/Nissan Maxima Sedans & Wagons.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

Aaron

Part Number

Post by Aaron »

Hi all, I've looked all over the internet and haven't found the part number for a ring gear for a LD 20,I've found one company in NZ that claims they have them but it and freight is expensive should it be the wrong one,their part number of course is their own and doesn't pop up any where else.
The gear is 99 teeth I don't know the ID or Od as it is still on the engine and working,does anyone know what the number might be.

Thank you
Aaron
plenzen

Re: Part Number

Post by plenzen »

Have you checked with Nissan ? If you get the OE part number you may be able to cross it with an aftermarket.
I was able to order an entire new flywheel with ring gear attached from Nissan for my SD25 and it shipped from Japan and was actually pretty reasonable. It was within 100 dollars of a ring gear alone and I end up with a new flywheel as well. Machining of old flywheel and ring gear install would be at least that much.

That being said it was an SD25

Good luck
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
Aaron

Re: Part Number

Post by Aaron »

Thank you,I hadn't checked with Nissian as this isnt' a U S engine so I figured they wouldn't be able to do anything as I don't know the year,make or model it came from, I can give it a try.