Looking for 82 maxima ld28 bottom alternator bolt size

Discuss (and cuss) the Nissan LD-series OHC Six diesel engine, popularly available in the US in 1981-83 Datsun/Nissan Maxima Sedans & Wagons.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

Softaildeluxe05

Looking for 82 maxima ld28 bottom alternator bolt size

Post by Softaildeluxe05 »

As the title says I'm looking for what size bolt is used for the bottom holes on the alternator. Mine fell out and I'm not finding anywhere on the internet what bolt goes there. Amy and all help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
plenzen

Re: Looking for 82 maxima ld28 bottom alternator bolt size

Post by plenzen »

I do not have a maxima but rather a D21 PU. Alternator I think is pretty close to being the same.

If I was to guess I would say it's a 10X1.5 X 100 mm.
Or it is 8X1.25X100mm
That's without taking mine out to look which is a bit of a PITA but I can do it I guess if you like.

The top bolt is an 8X125 X 30 or 40 mm long. Doesn't really matter too much of the length on that one.

Both have a 14mm head on them but I believe the lower one is a larger bolt, but again, that's without taking it out to look.
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
Softaildeluxe05

Re: Looking for 82 maxima ld28 bottom alternator bolt size

Post by Softaildeluxe05 »

Hey thanks for the reply plenzen, don't go through the trouble to check for sure, I troubled myself with that this passed weekend.. I'm going to do one straight through bolt instead of two separate threaded ones on each side. If you have time check out my latest problem I have encountered with this procedure, maybe you could help me there too! Its titled "1982 maxima diesel random washers found during repair", its im the 81-84 first gen maxima forum section. I would appreciate it!